allopathic vs homeopathic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avgguy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading on New York Medical College's web site and it talked about being a Homeopathic school. Whats the difference between Homeo and allopathic schools? Also does anyone know anything about NYMC as a school?

-thanks

Members don't see this ad.

NYMC is allopathic. Homeopathic isn't something you go to school specifically for. Naturopathic is, on the other hand.

Homeopathic medicine was founded by a guy names Hanhemann who thought that the best way of treating patients was by giving them a medicine that was diluted to the most smallest way that in all actuality he wasnt giving the patient anything but some water. It was the essence of the treatment that made the patient better due to the body's natural healing mechanisms. This philosophy is what osteopthic medicine incorporates. New York Medical College if im correct was originally founded as a homeopathic medical school, but has since changed in their philosphy in order to keep with the times and norm of allopathic medicine.
Personally homeopathic is very similar to osteopathic in some ways.
Oh by the way I just learned about this stuff in my osteopathic principle's and practices class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Homeopathic isn't something you go to school specifically for. Naturopathic is, on the other hand. ibee
Did you really just bump a thread from 12 years ago to respond to something answered in the first response?

Reactions: 4 users
We had a 15 year old one last week, from 1999!

Ya know…I sort of like it because it means people are using the search function as suggested!

Oh, I never saw it that way. That's a good thing then. My only complaint is that it makes me nostalgic for 1999 and then I realize it's not 1999.
So then I go from :heckyeah: --- :) --- :( ---+pissed+ --- :mad:

Reactions: 2 users
This is, without any doubts in my mind, the oldest necrobump I have ever seen in my life. 12 years!!!
There was one bumped from 1999 the other day. 15 years man. A girl born when that thread started will be legal by the time I finish medical school.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just saying somebody born when that thread started is approaching legal adulthood. I choose my words... Poorly lol.
Yes, just in time for you to have :biglove: with her.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes just because you're thinking it doesn't mean it always needs to be posted LOL.
Hey now, I prefer women my own age. My benchmark of feeling old is how old the current batch of college freshmen are. I mean, Jesus, in 2018 there will be people that can vote that weren't even born in the same millennium as me. Blows my freakin' mind how old I'm getting. Doesn't help that I'm already on the older side of the med school student body- I made my first outdated cultural reference yesterday. I need to finish up school so I can buy a nice house with a lawn I can tell people to get off of.

Reactions: 5 users
Yes, just in time for you to have :biglove: with her.
Girls that are too young to drink are far too venue limiting, so I'd hardly say it was just in time. Not that I have to worry about that sort of thing anymore, what with being a committed guy in a situation I don't see changing in the foreseeable future.

Girls that are too young to drink are far too venue limiting, so I'd hardly say it was just in time. Not that I have to worry about that sort of thing anymore, what with being a committed guy in a situation I don't see changing in the foreseeable future.
That wasn't for drinking. But if you need to get her drunk to have :biglove:, then I don't know what venues you've been doing it at. :lol:

That wasn't for drinking. But if you need to get her drunk to have :biglove:, then I don't know what venues you've been doing it at. :lol:
Annnnd there was a great deal of misinterpretation.

There's a lot of awesome places to go that are 21+, hence why I haven't gone out with a girl under 21 since I was like, 22. It's a logistical nightmare when friends are involved and a lot of your favorite places to catch a show are 21+ bars and clubs, your favorite places to eat at night are pubs that don't allow people under 21 after 8, etc. And that's not even scratching the immaturity factor. I could almost swear people aren't actually legit people until they hit 22 or so.

nursing students are generally young and stupid, date them

nursing students are generally young and stupid, date them
I'd rather stick with what I've got, a smart artist that I've only got about two years on ;)

I stayed as far away from healthcare as possible when dating- I'm just not into the types healthcare typically draws in. Practical, income-focused, family oriented people are the norm, and that's just boring to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Same here. I need my girl's fun, easygoing nature to balance me out.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you really just bump a thread from 12 years ago to respond to something answered in the first response?
I'm confused...aren't you the one who necrobumped this thread? All responses before yours are from 2002.

I mean, do I need to access it by telegraph, or has it been updated to typewriter?

I think your standards are too high...

flintstone_4.jpg

@Winged Scapula , have you found that it's much easier to hook up with hot chicks now that you are an attending physician?? When women see you, they can imagine a lavish lifestyle. Not only are you rich but you are also a do-gooder who's "saving people's lives". How can a chick resist that?

I'm not sure if you've ever listened to "I Can Transform Ya' by Chris Brown but maybe you can play the song to a hot chick so she will hook up with you. The lyrics are like this"

I can transform ya, I can transform ya
Bags...you got it, Clothes... you got it
I have a black card*, they don't decline that

*premium credit card with no limits

Just go to sites like match.com or eharmony.com and post a profile stating that you are a wealthy doctor.....the chicks will come running!

@Winged Scapula , have you found that it's much easier to hook up with hot chicks now that you are an attending physician?? When women see you, they can imagine a lavish lifestyle. Not only are you rich but you are also a do-gooder who's "saving people's lives". How can a chick resist that?

I'm not sure if you've ever listened to "I Can Transform Ya' by Chris Brown but maybe you can play the song to a hot chick so she will hook up with you. The lyrics are like this"

Bags...you got it, Clothes... you got it
I have a black card*, they don't decline that

*premium credit card with no limits

Just go to sites like match.com or eharmony.com and post a profile stating that you are a wealthy doctor.....the chicks will come running!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Contrary to what you may assume from her assertive, confident, and bold nature and her avatar, @Winged Scapula is a female, and a heterosexual female.

Reactions: 6 users