Alot of QR conversions on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STACM

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the QR section on the real DAT have alot of conversion problems, like lbs to tons or liters to quarts or liters to gallons etc...?

Members don't see this ad.

Does the QR section on the real DAT have alot of conversion problems, like lbs to tons or liters to quarts or liters to gallons etc...?

You'll definitely have to know conversions... the majority of the problems on the actual exam probably don't require it, but you need to know them regardless. You never know what they'll throw at you, and conversion problems can be quick and easy points if you just take the time to memorize them.

All the conversions you need to know should be covered in Kaplan, Destroyer, and/or Barron's DAT Prep (at least that's what I used...)

TopScore and DAT had quite a few conversion problems, but on my two experiences with the DAT I didn't see any. My feeling is that these two programs are quite antiquated with regards to the current trend of the DAT, and might actually mislead people to go for the wrong thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
TopScore and DAT had quite a few conversion problems, but on my two experiences with the DAT I didn't see any. My feeling is that these two programs are quite antiquated with regards to the current trend of the DAT, and might actually mislead people to go for the wrong thing.

thanks thats good info, the last thing I want to do is waste alot of my time practicing something that i probably wont even see

so are there any other things that you think are antiquated on topscore, acheiver, and kaplan practice tests? like sin/cos/tan problems, area/volume of geometric figure problems, or geometric angle problems

i just hear so much about word problems being the main factor on QR, and dont really hear much about other stuff...maybe thats part of why everyone thinks QR is so hard, cause they practiced for the other stuff instead of word problems

thanks thats good info, the last thing I want to do is waste alot of my time practicing something that i probably wont even see

so are there any other things that you think are antiquated on topscore, acheiver, and kaplan practice tests? like sin/cos/tan problems, area/volume of geometric figure problems, or geometric angle problems

i just hear so much about word problems being the main factor on QR, and dont really hear much about other stuff...maybe thats part of why everyone thinks QR is so hard, cause they practiced for the other stuff instead of word problems

Geometry is a staple of the DAT and I suggest anyone taking the test to have a solid grounding on the topic. I am also certain that the test also has a 1-2 token trig problems, so knowing some basics like sin/cos/tan is necessary as well. I just have yet to see any of the "how many x miles are in y kilometers" kind of problem that you see so frequently in TopScore and Achiever, so I find that kind of prep misleading.

Last edited:

Thank you very much for that!
Does anyone else have any experience? Thanks!