Already accepted, does my GPA matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyev

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've already been offered a seat in NECO2014, but I am in middle of my final exams for the last year of my undergrad.

I know in the letter they mentioned that I am expected to keep up my GPA. Is it possible for them to reject me at the end if my GPA goes down?

Thanks for your help!

Eyev

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I've already been offered a seat in NECO2014, but I am in middle of my final exams for the last year of my undergrad.

I know in the letter they mentioned that I am expected to keep up my GPA. Is it possible for them to reject me at the end if my GPA goes down?

Thanks for your help!

Eyev

Yes, but the seemingly unspoken and almost universal policy amongst schools is that as long as you get a C or better, you're fine unless they have specifically tied your admission to performance in a particular class, something that I have only rarely heard of anyways.

In general however, the prudent thing to do is to always try as hard as you can and study as hard as you can in any academic endevour. I understand that it's easy to sort of go into "coast" mode once you've been admitted to grad school and of course, the senior slide is legendary and near univeral amongst high schoolers but continuing to put the pedal to the metal academically is not only good for your GPA, it's good for your soul.

Yes, but the seemingly unspoken and almost universal policy amongst schools is that as long as you get a C or better, you're fine unless they have specifically tied your admission to performance in a particular class, something that I have only rarely heard of anyways.

For SCCO, applicants sign an agreement at the time of interview stating that they will complete all the remaining pre-reqs with a C or better. This at least supports the claim that there is an "unspoken and almost universal policy" such as this, so perhaps you can extend this to NECO.
But nevertheless, study hard for finals and finish to the best of your ability! Good Luck!

Thank you for the reply. Is it a "C" for united states or Canada? In my school, a C is 60-63% (Canadian)

It is ofcourse important to try my best at all times, but my exam schedule is a little crazy this year so I am feeling pretty worried about how well I'll do on one of them..

Thanks!
eyev