Altius

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j306c954

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there taking the Altius test prep course?

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone take altuis??
how was it??
Im seriously considering it to be my summer prep course

Reactions: 1 user
I took it in 2013 (summer immersion in provo)
It was the hardest thing I've ever done and I would never want to do it again, but if I did, I would retake altius in a heartbeat. I worked probably 40-50 hrs each week for 10 weeks straight (plus a month after the program "finished") and then i got my score in the 99th percentile. It helped me get into my #1 choice on October 15th.

I felt sorry for all my friends who did anything other than Altius.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it in 2013 (summer immersion in provo)
It was the hardest thing I've ever done and I would never want to do it again, but if I did, I would retake altius in a heartbeat. I worked probably 40-50 hrs each week for 10 weeks straight (plus a month after the program "finished") and then i got my score in the 99th percentile. It helped me get into my #1 choice on October 15th.

I felt sorry for all my friends who did anything other than Altius.

What kind of content review do they employ with you? Do they publish their own books or use those of other companies?

What kind of content review do they employ with you? Do they publish their own books or use those of other companies?

I read on their thread that they hired a bunch of PhDs and have advanced methods for analyzing MCAT trends. Their books were very helpful but made you work for answers, that way you would retain info better!

I read on their thread that they hired a bunch of PhDs and have advanced methods for analyzing MCAT trends. Their books were very helpful but made you work for answers, that way you would retain info better!

So would you say it's conducive to supplementing with the Kaplan or examkrakers or Berkeley review? I have the 2015 editions of all of these (except Berkeley)..

So would you say it's conducive to supplementing with the Kaplan or examkrakers or Berkeley review? I have the 2015 editions of all of these (except Berkeley)..
Personally, when I was in the program, I had kaplan practice tests, and I found that using them was almost a waste of my time because of the inaccurate questions they had. I dont think you can buy the Altius book without actually taking the program. I thought the program prepared me so well I didnt need anything else. You spend 20+ hrs per lesson so you dont really need more. With only using Altius i scored in the 99th percentile.