Program-Specific Info / Q's Alvernia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4EverAJerseyGirl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being that the official deadline passed, does anyone know how long it would be until we hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually talked to someone on Friday about this. They said they are beginning to look at interviews Monday (yesterday) and we will hear back no later then April 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually talked to someone on Friday about this. They said they are beginning to look at interviews Monday (yesterday) and we will hear back no later then April 1st.
Wait, I didn't think they interview. Do you mean applications? I pray to God it isn't as late as April!! I was hoping in two weeks! Haha when do you think is the earliest we will hear by? Once you applied the email said every program takes 7-10 days for a decision letter except DPT and MSOT.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I actually visited campus and talked with the admissions counselor on Friday last week and she said the same thing: They just started looking at applications now that the deadline is officially up. Odds are, you'll hear whether you're accepted or not by March; latest by April. Being that this is my #1 choice, I sure do hope I hear sooner rather than later, but either way, hope to see you all in the Fall...

I should have met with a counselor!! It is one of my number one choices as well. Any chance of hearing by the end of February do you think?

Oops!!! Sorry I meant applications. They said it could be earlier but no later then April 1st. She said they just started reviewing them Monday so we will probably hear around Mid march.

The suspense is killllllling me inside haha

You're telling me. I'm 3 kids deep, all under 3, I'm 31 years old, my pre-requisite credits from ages of yore are all on the verge of expiring (or already have and I've had to re-do them) and I just made a spontaneous life changing decision to jump back into the world of academia just under a year ago. Needless to say, OTCAS failed me and took forever to verify, but luckily Alvernia doesn't use that bloated waste of time/money and I was able to get my stuff in quickly and easily. I love the campus, I love the program, and the faculty seems to be very in line with my interests (Neuro; I am post-grad psychology major with graduate experience focusing on Neuropsychology, so its a more clinical fit for me).

This is where I really want to go, and my family's impending future is pretty much hinging on me getting into grad school, so...here's to hoping.

Awe !! Well good luck!! I wonder if we are notified via mail!! If anyone asks again let me know. Maybe it will be the first week of March I am hoping!

Awe !! Well good luck!! I wonder if we are notified via mail!! If anyone asks again let me know. Maybe it will be the first week of March I am hoping!

The admissions counselor said that we will be notified via email and snail mail will follow. Hoping for early March notification, but every day that ticks by means more impatience from people who may have been admitted by other programs to just give up and pull the trigger on those, so I guess I won't panic too much... :)

...and yeah, thanks. Life is crazy right now and this is just absolutely killing me, haha.

Thank you! Ugh, very true!! I just wish it was only a 7-10 day wait like it said in the email once we applied!! Lol I'm just freaking out over every little detail of my app. I didn't take A&P 1&2, seperately but I took two anatomy's and they said it was okay but I'm freaking out like what if they told me the wrong info.

Does anyone know if the offices are open even though they are on spring break?

They will probably be using this time to further evaluate candidates I assume. However, I wouldn't expect any decisions before mid-March considering the caveat that we could see acceptances as far as early April...

Members don't see this ad :)
No :( I can't take one more day of not knowing. I'll cry if we don't find out until April 1st. If anyone calls let me know!

Has anybody heard anything yet?! I really thought it would be 7-10 days like they said. I am getting impatient.

I saw somewhere for a program that they try to take 4-6 weeks for some programs if not 7-10 days! Hopefully it is 4 weeks !

hey guys,

just wanted to let you all know that my acceptance letter for Alvernia MSOT class of 2018 just came a few minutes ago!

I look forward to meeting anyone attending, as I will definitely be accepting.

Congrats!! :) Did you take A&P 1 & 2?

I took A&P II, I am in the process of finishing up A&P I now (out of sequence, UPenn's nursing program is strange...). I think what helped me is that I have graduate school experience, and have clearly laid out focus that is in-line with the core faculty..

Its funny to think I didn't even know this program existed, but I drove up to the campus to take my MATs because they had the earliest date and I was in a rush (Jan 2015) to get everything in order. Only then did I see Alvernia on the list of MSOT designates, and said "why not?"

Oh, also I got in the 90th percentile on MATs, so that didn't hurt.. :)

Good luck!

AHHHH!! I got in!! I just got the email!!!!! I'm jumping up and down!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't gotten any email yet.:shrug: My application online still says "under review".

I haven't gotten any email yet.:shrug: My application online still says "under review".

That's strange...perhaps they only sent out a couple...or perhaps acceptances first, then waitlists, then rejections? Either way, from what Kelly told me when I visited, the waitlist has a lot of traction, so if that is all it is, I wouldn't get too discouraged...

Anyone else applying get any response? I know I've seen a couple people that have applied around the forums....

I applied and didn't get an answer yet. I got into jefferson though and will be attending there because I live less than 10 min away

I applied and didn't get an answer yet. I got into jefferson though and will be attending there because I live less than 10 min away

I have an interview with Jefferson...going to check it out just for the "what-if" factor... If they really impress me I could always change my mind, but for now my heart is in Reading. ;)

Good luck!! I received an email saying I was accepted with a form attached to hold my spot but never received an actual letter in the mail yet so maybe your letter is coming!

hey guys,

just wanted to let you all know that my acceptance letter for Alvernia MSOT class of 2018 just came a few minutes ago!

I look forward to meeting anyone attending, as I will definitely be accepting.
Congrats again!! I'm sure you're family is extremely happy for you. I was just wondering if you only received an email about gaining acceptance. Nothing else yet in the mail.

Congrats again!! I'm sure you're family is extremely happy for you. I was just wondering if you only received an email about gaining acceptance. Nothing else yet in the mail.

Thanks, and yes, we're all extremely happy. Letters will follow emails, like she had originally said... I'm not sure how long that will take, however. I sent in my check and acceptance acknowledgement as soon as I got it, nevertheless, so the ball's in their court now...

I'd like to know when first semester classes are slotted to begin. I'm hoping most classes are later in the evening like my tour guide alluded to, but we'll see.

Thanks, and yes, we're all extremely happy. Letters will follow emails, like she had originally said... I'm not sure how long that will take, however. I sent in my check and acceptance acknowledgement as soon as I got it, nevertheless, so the ball's in their court now...

I'd like to know when first semester classes are slotted to begin. I'm hoping most classes are later in the evening like my tour guide alluded to, but we'll see.
Awe! That's awesome. You deserve it. Okay good. I just wanted to make sure we weren't supposed to get a letter yet. I know I definitely got accepted but until I receive an official letter, I'm afraid they are going to take it away from me! Hahaha. I sent my deposit in as well so I'm sure we will hear back soon. Thank you! I know we start August 24th it looked like but I'm not sure what days. Online they made it seem like our first semester of classes were only two days a week unless it was two additional days of lab. Not sure.

I looked at my application and it says "decision made- letter mailed" Did anybody else see the same thing? Or receive a letter yet?

I looked at my application and it says "decision made- letter mailed" Did anybody else see the same thing? Or receive a letter yet?

No letter yet, but if you were accepted you should get an email from Kelly Burr letting you know. Those are supposed to go out before physical letters.

No letter yet, but if you were accepted you should get an email from Kelly Burr letting you know. Those are supposed to go out before physical letters.
She hasn't emailed me. So idk if I was accepted or not. Did you see the same thing on your application?

She hasn't emailed me. So idk if I was accepted or not. Did you see the same thing on your application?

Yeah, mine says the same thing, got the email over a week ago tho...

Edit: Just got home from work and my acceptance packet was in the mail.

Last edited:
Yeah, mine says the same thing, got the email over a week ago tho...

Edit: Just got home from work and my acceptance packet was in the mail.
Hmm that's weird. I will just wait the next few days and see what comes in the mail. Thank you for your help and congrats!

@laika_noob ... After the deposit do you know if we meet with Kelly? Or do you think we wait for the new student orientation where we register for classes I assume?

@laika_noob ... After the deposit do you know if we meet with Kelly? Or do you think we wait for the new student orientation where we register for classes I assume?

not really sure, I assume they'll get in touch with us. you need an Alvernia ID to log in and register for courses, so clearly that has to be supplied before we do anything.

I got an email today that I am on the wait list.

not really sure, I assume they'll get in touch with us. you need an Alvernia ID to log in and register for courses, so clearly that has to be supplied before we do anything.
I just got an email today to fill out the form to register for classes! I already took an intro to OT course so I am going to find out if I have to retake it.

I just got an email today to fill out the form to register for classes! I already took an intro to OT course so I am going to find out if I have to retake it.

When I visited, I mentioned a Neuroscience course I had already taken and was told (to the effect) that it's an all-or-none deal...either you are exempt from the entire semester, or have to take them all. I just registered myself. Good luck to you, @hopefulOT92

That thought crossed my mind but we will see! When you registered, you left the day and time parts blank right ?

Hello,

I just received an email from kelly burr stating that I have been removed from the waitlist and I will be accepting her admission offer.
Just wanted to say hello to my future classmates :)

-Alexis

Congrats! I wish more people actually responded because we could have started a Facebook group! :) Will you be living on campus or commuting?

Congrats! I wish more people actually responded because we could have started a Facebook group! :) Will you be living on campus or commuting?

Hi !

Thank you ! and I'm not sure what I am going to do yet? how about you?