Am I "applying early" in this situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Could I have some advice on this?

I am planning to submit my application by June 30- I wouldve done it earlier, but money was an issue, especially with many schools to apply to. I know my application will be "on hold" until my dAT scores are received, but will I still be "applying early" by submitting June 30? I know my transcript is on its way, and once I submit my app, my school's committee will send the Committee letter. I know the letter takes a while to be uploaded, I think 4-6 weeks. If everything is "in the system" by like early/mid august, will I be good? Im not sure how this will come into play with secondaries..even though everything is not done, will schools still allow me to fill out secondaries, and if so, will I be applying early in this situation?

If this helps with "chances", my cummulative/science gpa is 3.94 and my DAT is on July 14. I have good EC and LOR's as well.

What do you guys think?

Thanks so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Your app won't be considered complete without your DAT but taking it in mid-July is still early. Submit your app when you are ready and then after you take your DAT and the scores are uploaded it will be complete. That will be by the end of July so you are fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Your app won't be considered complete without your DAT but taking it in mid-July is still early. Submit your app when you are ready and then after you take your DAT and the scores are uploaded it will be complete. That will be by the end of July so you are fine.
And that should be the same with my LOR's coming in right, as long as they are around that time frame (late July, early august)?

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as everything is in by the end of July you will be fine. Get everything else in and done now so you don't have to worry about it then all you will have to wait for is your DAT. Some people have said that they have emailed off their score report from the testing center to schools to which they applied just so they saw them sooner but I don't know if that is necessary.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as everything is in by the end of July you will be fine. Get everything else in and done now so you don't have to worry about it then all you will have to wait for is your DAT. Some people have said that they have emailed off their score report from the testing center to schools to which they applied just so they saw them sooner but I don't know if that is necessary.
Perfect, thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Btw, will I still be able to full out secondaries, or do I need to wait until everything is in? They come out soon right?

Perfect, thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Btw, will I still be able to full out secondaries, or do I need to wait until everything is in? They come out soon right?

I don't know if they send out secondaries until everything is in, but if they send it I don't know why you wouldn't be able to fill it out.