Am I In Trouble (Time Related)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarterinscrubs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my primary application yesterday. Do you guys think that it is a huge problem for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Well it is a bit late in the game, but in order to decide that it depends on a lot of things, including what your stats and ec's are, how strong your letters are, where you live, and what schools you applied to. Obviously applying to Harvard in mid October isn't a good idea if you have a 3.0 and a 25 mcat. Why did you wait until October to submit your primaries?

October is definitely late. You will probably end up getting very late interviews and will probably be waiting for an acceptance much later than most.

Members don't see this ad :)
You definitely aren't early but I wouldn't say you're terribly late (only on SDN standards). Don't freak about it but just make sure you are doing your secondaries now. Don't wait for them to be sent to you. Go on the pre-allo forum and look up the essays and have them ready. Don't listen to anyone who tries to discourage you and tell you that you are really late and its hopeless. I know people who have applied in october and are currently med students.

Thank you all for your replies. I am trying to have a very quick turn around on my secondaries. I am going to start on them very soon.