Am I late in submitting my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ODpookie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am getting worried that I am getting late in submitting my applications for optometry! I am applying to NOVA, PCO, ICO, and NECO and I know most of them have rolling admission. I have submitted my transcripts and have taken my OAT (TS: 350, AA: 340) and have a GPA of 3.2. I am just waiting on some recommendation letters and have been told they will be submitted sometime in the coming 2 weeks. Am I still competitive???

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're still competitive. Go ahead and submit your optomcas app even though your letters aren't in. The verification process takes a while. I'm still missing a letter and I got an interview from ICO!

Reactions: 1 user
I believe you are still competitive. In general this isn't exactly "deep" into the application cycle just yet. On top of that those stats of yours will make you stand out. As long as your personal statement was well written/compelling along with positive letters I would be surprised if you did not get invites to interview.

Bon chance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed, this is not too late so don't get discouraged! But definitely do all you can to make sure there are no delays in your application process.

Yeah it is rolling admission, so the earlier the better. Really late would probably be January or later.

I have a question... I took my OAT earlier in the semester and did not do as well as I wanted 290 but I am planning on retaking it after the 90 days are over, which is by mid January. I have a 3.5 GPA and I am an optician for about a year now with various involvement in clubs and organization. I am only applying to ICO. They already know I am retaking it and they are waiting on my new scores as my application has been fully submitted. Do you think I have a shot if I can retake it and do better on it? or should I just wait for the next enrollment year?
Sorry for commenting on this thread but I am new to this and still do not know how to use this website.

I think you still have a shot and should apply this year! Just study and practice what you didn't do so great on last time!

I have a question... I took my OAT earlier in the semester and did not do as well as I wanted 290 but I am planning on retaking it after the 90 days are over, which is by mid January. I have a 3.5 GPA and I am an optician for about a year now with various involvement in clubs and organization. I am only applying to ICO. They already know I am retaking it and they are waiting on my new scores as my application has been fully submitted. Do you think I have a shot if I can retake it and do better on it? or should I just wait for the next enrollment year?
Sorry for commenting on this thread but I am new to this and still do not know how to use this website.

Given that it'll be somewhat late in the cycle by then, you may want to consider applying to another school in addition to ICO, to increase your chances of admission.