am I on the right track?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all I am a 19 year old student at a california community college and I just got finished with my second semester of college and so far I have tooken 8 classes including 2 history classes 2 english classes 1 art class 1 communications class and a pre algebra math class(bad at math low assesment score)and a health class. I have gotten. A`s in everyclass exept maybe the math class which may be a b. I feel like I am.not doing enough to work towards my dream of being a physician..any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

2 English classes and still using the "word" tooken.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need math beyond algebra to do well in Chem or Physics, so no worries there. Take an introductory chemistry class (perhaps over the summer) to better prepare for general chemistry if you feel like you don't have a good basis for it from high school. Chemistry courses are really the ones that are most important in this pre-med track.

Try to shadow a few physicians to see whether you can see yourself doing what they do.

Also, please save some of your general education classes to spread them out across 4 years, so that you aren't stuck with 4 science courses per term later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You don't need math beyond algebra to do well in Chem or Physics, so no worries there. Take an introductory chemistry class (perhaps over the summer) to better prepare for general chemistry if you feel like you don't have a good basis for it from high school. Chemistry courses are really the ones that are most important in this pre-med track.

Try to shadow a few physicians to see whether you can see yourself doing what they do.

Also, please save some of your general education classes to spread them out across 4 years, so that you aren't stuck with 4 science courses per term later on.
Thanks for the encouraging advice,very helpful!