Am I ready for step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metukah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some feedback:
UW Avg (1st time) - 62%
UW Avg (2nd time) - around 75%
Kaplan Qbank avg - 62%
UWSA 1 - 228
NBME 7 - 221
Currently going thru FA for the 4th time and doing USMLE Rx.
Thinking to write another NBME (11) and UWSA 2.. My goal is btw 220-240. Thinking to book for mid-March....

Any tips/suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

The prevailing thought I get looking at your position is that you've reached the point of diminishing return. In other words, I don't know how much your scores are going to change going through FA a potential 5th, 6th, etc. time or UWorld again. You've even started a 3rd QBank. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't set up for mid-March.

Consider analyzing your subject-specific performance and using focused resources (Pharm flash cards, WebPath, etc.) accordingly in the remaining time.

Any tips/suggestions?

Find out your weak subject areas from your QBank/NBME performance profile and work on them.
In other words "Find out the gaps in your knowledge" and fill them !

IMHO Generically going through FA or other resources is not the best strategy to improve your score.

Take other NBME's (13 & 15) to see the improvement.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping to get some feedback:
UW Avg (1st time) - 62%
UW Avg (2nd time) - around 75%
Kaplan Qbank avg - 62%
UWSA 1 - 228
NBME 7 - 221
Currently going thru FA for the 4th time and doing USMLE Rx.
Thinking to write another NBME (11) and UWSA 2.. My goal is btw 220-240. Thinking to book for mid-March....

Any tips/suggestions?

You're ready to pass for sure!

I'd give it a few extra weeks if you want that 240.

you're prolly more likely to get 210-225 at this point.

Do at least 3 more NBMEs dude

Thanks everyone. It's helpful to hear this from others' perspectives. Will schedule for the 3rd-4th week of March.
Any input on the Goljan High Yield 36 page file?