Am I ready to take NBDE part 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blake1e

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took a practice exam on CrackNBDE (their exam 3) and here are my scores:

Anatomic Sciences: 66/100
Biochem/Physio: 54/100
Micro/Patho: 40/100
Dental Anatomy: 66/100

According to the program my scaled score is 81. I hear a 75 is considered passing but Im not sure if things are different this year and higher score is needed to pass. Surprised most by my dental anatomy scores, thought itd be much better.

I have my exam in a couple of days and Im trying to decide if Im ready to take it or if I should push it back an extra few days.

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't do crack nbde, but myself and many other friends who have taken and passed this summer were getting between 60 and 70 on the released asda exams.

I think you are ready.. Take another complete exam and if you have similar score I think you can take the part 1
Good luck ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just came back from the exam. Not too many wtf questions. Biggest regret was not studying micro/patho nearly enough, I just glanced over it while studying. Seemed kinda easier compared to some of the practice exams I was taking. Also wished I had went over nucleotide synthesis, tons of questions on that, had to rely purely on memory from what I learned a long time ago in class.

I feel like I mightve passed, but cant be be too sure. Brain is too pooped out to properly gauge how I did. We'll see in 2 weeks. Gonna take a long hard relaxing and fun break until school starts in a month.

Didn't do crack nbde, but myself and many other friends who have taken and passed this summer were getting between 60 and 70 on the released asda exams.
60-70% of the questions right? or on the grading scale of 49-99?

Just an update: I passed!!!

Probably put into this 20% of the effort I put into the DAT

EDIT: I spent a sum total of 3 months of hard studying for the DAT, which I took twice and spent just about 3 hard weeks for the NBDE pt 1

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user