Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RikersTiket

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I just recently entered Baruch College as a freshman and I very recently decided I would do the pre med track, but I foolishly took my ap credits for chemistry and English. Am I screwed? Do I have to transfer to make up for this? Can I take extra classes over the course of the next 7 semesters and still come out on top?
P. S I know I should've done my research more before deciding to do something like this

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools will allow you to use AP credit to count towards your medical school pre-reqs (the MSAR would be able to give you more info about what schools do this). However, if you're worried about trying to use AP credits to count for pre-reqs, you can take upper level courses in these subjects and that should cover it and demonstrate that you can handle coursework in these areas at a college level. Also, there's not really anything stopping you from "retaking" your chemistry or English classes (i.e., taking General Chemistry even if your college granted you credit for it; also, most colleges will grant credit for AP courses, but they won't grant you a grade, which makes filling out apps really annoying). You're not married to your AP credits :p

I recieved a 4 on AP Chem and attended a college and they pretty much forced us to retake Gen Chem because you need that more in-depth info to prepare for Orgo and Biochem. I would definetly take Gen Chem in college again.