This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted446889

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely forgot about 90% of inorganic by the time I started the MCAT, and was always terrible at physics but I still managed a solid 11 in PS after 4 months of study. The bigger problem for you in the admission process is going to be your grades.

Thanks for the reply! I know, I'm rather worried about my two C's in Chem. :( I'd be thrilled to get accepted anywhere in Florida (UCF is my home), what MCAT do you think would be required if I end up with a 3.4-5ish GPA? I know there's some sort of formula for predicting your chances based on GPA and MCAT, but I don't know it.

Your reply is rather encouraging though! May I ask what review material helped the most for inorganic chem?

All of those formulas are gibberish or anecdotal.

If you haven't purchased a copy of the MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirement), you should get it! The AAMC includes a lot of statistics for acceptance percentages. There is a section that shows the percentage of applied vs accepted students for different MCAT + GPA combinations. I will not post them exact figures because doing so would most likely be against this sites terms of service, but it would help you or anyone in this situation to see the actual data reported by the actual AAMC.

As you probably already know, grades and MCAT are only part of the decision process, but if you want to know what your chances would be if the only factor that mattered was your MCAT + GPA combination, those statistics are right at your fingertips in the book.

All of those formulas are gibberish or anecdotal.

If you haven't purchased a copy of the MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirement), you should get it! The AAMC includes a lot of statistics for acceptance percentages. There is a section that shows the percentage of applied vs accepted students for different MCAT + GPA combinations. I will not post them exact figures because doing so would most likely be against this sites terms of service, but it would help you or anyone in this situation to see the actual data reported by the actual AAMC.

As you probably already know, grades and MCAT are only part of the decision process, but if you want to know what your chances would be if the only factor that mattered was your MCAT + GPA combination, those statistics are right at your fingertips in the book.

I also want to add that it's not that students get rejected because they have a 3.5. Those results are anecdotal. The real reason that 3.5 students make the cut less than students with greater G.P.As are the other correlated factors that usually coincide with greater G.P.A. candidates. I believe that the typical 3.3 student wouldn't neither have the ability to destroy the MCAT nor the other credentials to add to their resume. I'm not saying that this is the case for all 3.3 students, but the statistics I alluded to are what you should be looking at.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also want to add that it's not that students get rejected because they have a 3.5. Those results are anecdotal. The real reason that 3.5 students make the cut less than students with greater G.P.As are the other correlated factors that usually coincide with greater G.P.A. candidates. I believe that the typical 3.3 student wouldn't neither have the ability to destroy the MCAT nor the other credentials to add to their resume. I'm not saying that this is the case for all 3.3 students, but the statistics I alluded to are what you should be looking at.

lolz.

Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
if one can still crush the MCAT without learning thoroughly during the pre-rec classes?

Yes, absolutely yes.

A better question might be, "How likely is it that I'll crush the MCAT if I slacked off during my pre-req's?" The answer to that question is: unlikely, but possible.

You won't really know til you start. Just dive in. This weekend go take AAMC Test #3 under simulated test conditions (timed, no distractions, one section right after the other). See how you do. Put a post up in my office hours forum with your stats and we can chat.

Good luck!!! :)