Amcas 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bojangles85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize until today that the AMCAS is broken down by year. Is there anyway to get started on the 2012 application? When do the new applications usually come out? I was ready to start with the paperwork today, guesss not. lol

Apologies up front, since I assume this question has been asked in the past.

Members don't see this ad.

the 2012 application won't come out until May of 2011. it's usually the same each year, so you could make an account and look at the 2011 application if you wanted to, but there's no way to start filling it out for 2012 yet. if I were you, i'd start writing my personal statement now, and get the MCAT out of the way if you haven't done that yet already. otherwise, the application is pretty straightforward so you might as well just wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't realize until today that the AMCAS is broken down by year. Is there anyway to get started on the 2012 application? When do the new applications usually come out? I was ready to start with the paperwork today, guesss not. lol

Apologies up front, since I assume this question has been asked in the past.

If you're super stressed about it and/or just want to see what the app is like, you can make an account, login, and poke around. Just don't submit anything and you'll be fine.

But as two others said: 1) the app for next year probably won't be available until May 1, and 2) simma down now.

Dude, seriously? It is now July in the year 2010 and you want to get started on the 2012 application. Think about that for a second, and then take a good hard look in the mirror. :laugh:

seriously, don't cross the bridge until you get there. Stressing about a task that's about a year away is not worth it. Your time is better spent prepping for the MCAT or doing well in school...

Oh I'm not stressing. Just curious to everything. Thanks for the advice :thumbup: