Amcas activity hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Summerlax2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question, I looked but couldn't find the answer after a brief search:
When listing the hours it says total hours you expect to complete if the activity is not over yet, but if it won't be over till spring 2017 should I really guesstimate what the hour will be? It would basically be doubling the hours of several of my activities.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question, I looked but couldn't find the answer after a brief search:
When listing the hours it says total hours you expect to complete if the activity is not over yet, but if it won't be over till spring 2017 should I really guesstimate what the hour will be? It would basically be doubling the hours of several of my activities.
-If you want to include the hours of a future activity that you are already engaged in, but keeping in mind that you won't be judged by future plans that could fall through, you can consider these options:

1) Use the Repeated feature to separate the Completed vs Future hours. This works if May 2016 is both your End Date for the Completed Hours and your Start Date for the future hours (you won't be permitted to enter and save a future start date that hasn't happened yet). Put the appropriate total in each Total Hours box. If you are graduating, say, May 2017, that is a reasonable end date to enter if you are sure you will stay involved with the activity for another year. August 2017 is the latest month you'd be allowed to enter. Include a conservative, in-good-faith guess on future hours for the second Total Hours box.

**Note that on June 1 you'll be able to enter June 2016 as the End Date for date range #1 and Start Date for date range #2, if you prefer.

2) Or, only list the Completed Hours in the Total Hours box using the appropriate Start and End Dates, then in the narrative box state that you plan to continue this activity from June 2016-May 2017 (or whatever) with a probable additional ?00 hours.

3) Or, do the same as in #2, but don't state anticipated Future hours, especially if there is any possibility they might not be completed. Just make a statement that you intend to continue with the activity for another X months.