amcas application problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hogfan12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I filled out my amcas and was ready to select my medical school and submit my application, but it wouldn't let me choose any medical schools saying that the deadlines have passed for all medical schools. I called amcas and they told me they only do MD/PhD and referred me to AACOMAS??

I told the person I talked to that I thought amcas was for allopathic medical schools and aacomas was for do and she didn't know what allopatic or osteopathic meant. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you're on the AMCAS 2015 cycle site and not the 2014 one.
https://services.aamc.org/AMCAS2_2015/

Other people have run into this earlier in the season. Unfortunately if you've filled out the entire 2014 application, I don't think there's any way to transfer it to the 2015 application. You have to re-input everything.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, that was the problem.

This just goes along perfectly my 22 real mcat and 33 aamc 11...... Looks like I've got some work to do.

Yep, that was the problem.

This just goes along perfectly my 22 real mcat and 33 aamc 11...... Looks like I've got some work to do.
not to rain on your parade anymore.. but where are you applying with a 22? that is below the 10th percentile for every MD school in the contingent 48 states. so unless you are a native spanish speaker (which can bring you to the Puerto Rico US MD schools) I am just trying to potentially save you a lot of money.

I had some problems that caused a super low score from my average. I have been hitting around the 30 mark for a while now and plan to retake in a few weeks.

Sounds like you're in for a good MCAT. best of luck.

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can turn this absolutely dreadful summer around with an acceptance this winter.