AMCAS error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eurias99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just noticed I made a mistake on my submitted primary application (submitted June). I did research for 3.5 years, including one summer. I wanted to add two timelines to add 1) the hours worked during the year during the 3.5 years and 2) those worked during the summer. I messed up, since the End Date should've been 05/2016 instead of 05/2013. This is also one of my most meaningful experiences.

upload_2016-7-15_20-22-34.png

However, I did mention in my description:"I have conducted research for three and a half years..."

Any suggestions on what I should do? I just want to make sure they don't get confused with the dates and hours.

Members don't see this ad.

You can address the mistake in secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
I might actually "do nothing and pray". How did you even notice the mistake?

You should not trust my judgment on this matter. But you did ask.

I might actually "do nothing and pray". How did you even notice the mistake?

You should not trust my judgment on this matter. But you did ask.
I was looking for the start and end date of my activity for one secondary.

Yeah, i think i'm just not going to do anything and pray

I had an issue with my AMCAS and I sent emails to all of my schools/used the portal for updates if that was an option. Mine was a bigger error, but otherwise pretty similar. Most schools were very cool about it, but some don't receive updates. The school I ended up attending was one of the one's that don't receive updates. Not even these kinds of updates. So I'm not sure how valuable it was. It made me feel better, though.