AMCAS for reapplicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Requip

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does AMCAS hold your old transcripts? I already had my university re-send my official transcript but I didn't send one from the US sponsored study abroad school, since my credits were transferred as P/F on my college transcript. I know this works b/c my friend did the same thing, I'm only concerned since I originally submitted (Fall of 2004) the transcript from the US institution that the study abroad program went though.

Members don't see this ad.

Requip said:
Does AMCAS hold your old transcripts? I already had my university re-send my official transcript but I didn't send one from the US sponsored study abroad school, since my credits were transferred as P/F on my college transcript. I know this works b/c my friend did the same thing, I'm only concerned since I originally submitted (Fall of 2004) the transcript from the US institution that the study abroad program went though.
You have to resubmit all transcripts from all schools attended. It's a pain, but AMCAS can't assume you haven't taken any new classes in the year that passed so they just make you re-submit everything.

Just be glad it's a program from a US school. When I studied abroad, I went straight through the foreign university. Although AMCAS doesn't require the transcript from this, the AACOMAS does, and I am having the hardest time getting the damn transcript. The transcript is now in the states, at the evaluation service, and for some dumb reason, they thought I did high school abroad so it looked like i was missing stuff when I really wasn't. So now my transcript is on hold at hte evaluation people, and every time I try to call, it's at least a 30 minute wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same s#$%t happenned to me...

But there is no way I can get a transcript from my previous school...I have nobody left in the country where I came from and my university even does not have a website.... :confused:

musiclink213 said:
Just be glad it's a program from a US school. When I studied abroad, I went straight through the foreign university. Although AMCAS doesn't require the transcript from this, the AACOMAS does, and I am having the hardest time getting the damn transcript. The transcript is now in the states, at the evaluation service, and for some dumb reason, they thought I did high school abroad so it looked like i was missing stuff when I really wasn't. So now my transcript is on hold at hte evaluation people, and every time I try to call, it's at least a 30 minute wait.

Call around 9:05 am they pick up fairly quick (tested)

Taty said:
Call around 9:05 am they pick up fairly quick (tested)

Being currently out of a job (I am looking) I am enjoying my sleeping in time. I very rarely see any time starting with a 9 am. I did actually wind up waiting when I called them, just left my phone on speaker and went to play a game online, and when someone answered, I was so flustered, it took me a while to realize that was somebody actually on the phone. Oh well, at least it wasn't a med school admission office.

musiclink213 said:
Being currently out of a job (I am looking) I am enjoying my sleeping in time. I very rarely see any time starting with a 9 am. I did actually wind up waiting when I called them, just left my phone on speaker and went to play a game online, and when someone answered, I was so flustered, it took me a while to realize that was somebody actually on the phone. Oh well, at least it wasn't a med school admission office.

hahahaha

Good luck!! :luck: What state are you in?

Taty said:
hahahaha

Good luck!! :luck: What state are you in?

I'm in NY. The good part is the eval. service is also in NY, so I won't need to pay long distance charges on this call. Although I think the long distance might already be included in our phone bill. Not sure now... :confused:

Good luck to you too. :luck:

Depakote said:
You have to resubmit all transcripts from all schools attended. It's a pain, but AMCAS can't assume you haven't taken any new classes in the year that passed so they just make you re-submit everything.

Help!
So I submitted on July 20, if they really need the transcript from the U.S. school that sponsored my study abroad, arcadia, (Even though my university put the courses as p/f) should I just have Arcadia same day a transcript to Amcas? Will this set me back another couple weeks? Or would Amcas understand once they receive it?

Should I:
request that arcadia same day a transcript?
see if Amcas doesn't need it?

I just dont want to be put way behind again.

Requip said:
Help!
So I submitted on July 20, if they really need the transcript from the U.S. school that sponsored my study abroad, arcadia, (Even though my university put the courses as p/f) should I just have Arcadia same day a transcript to Amcas? Will this set me back another couple weeks? Or would Amcas understand once they receive it?

Should I:
request that arcadia same day a transcript?
see if Amcas doesn't need it?

I just dont want to be put way behind again.

If the university actually gave you credit and P/F, I don't think you need a transcript. If it doesn't appear as transfer credit, you may not need it. When you were filling in your course work, did you say you took the classes from Arcadia or the foreign institution? If you said you took them from Arcadia, then I think you do need them.

musiclink213 said:
If the university actually gave you credit and P/F, I don't think you need a transcript. If it doesn't appear as transfer credit, you may not need it. When you were filling in your course work, did you say you took the classes from Arcadia or the foreign institution? If you said you took them from Arcadia, then I think you do need them.

Nope, I said I took them from the London institution, NOT arcadia. I mean my home school transferred them and they show up on that transcript as P/F and they gave me credit. For me to submit an Arcadia transcript would be like double counting credits?

Requip said:
Nope, I said I took them from the London institution, NOT arcadia. I mean my home school transferred them and they show up on that transcript as P/F and they gave me credit. For me to submit an Arcadia transcript would be like double counting credits?

II would give them a call. I think if Arcadia sponsered the trip, then it should have been down on the AMCAS as classes taken through Arcadia. I THINK. This is all speculation, so don't take what I say as gospel. But, if it says nowhere on your transcript that those courses were taken from a different college, then I don't think you would have even needed to say you took foreign classes. What did you do last year? I'd say just do the same thing you did last year, and be sure you had all the classes entered the same way, and if you had a transcript from Arcadia last year, have them resubmit it htis year.