AMCAS formatting problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcice22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went back and looked at my AMCAS personal statement....and I realized its ALL ONE BIG BLOB AND NO PARAGRAPHS. I worked extremely hard and I thought it was a great essay. However, now that I see its like this I'm afraid medical schools will overlook me from the get go. Any advice??

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can send emails/updates to the schools that accept them and let them know. I'm not sure if this will hurt or help as it may make you look more neurotic than anything else (since it's not a huge error). Maybe one of the adcoms can shed some light on that.

For what it's worth, I had a much bigger error with with my amcas that I was able to overcome and have a successful cycle with. I emailed/updated, for the record. I was really disappointed when I first found out what happened, but it will be okay. You'll be fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can send emails/updates to the schools that accept them and let them know. I'm not sure if this will hurt or help as it may make you look more neurotic than anything else (since it's not a huge error). Maybe one of the adcoms can shed some light on that.

For what it's worth, I had a much bigger error with with my amcas that I was able to overcome and have a successful cycle with. I emailed/updated, for the record. I was really disappointed when I first found out what happened, but it will be okay. You'll be fine.

I appreciate it! Anyone else have a problem like this and make it out okay?

Members don't see this ad :)
I went back and looked at my AMCAS personal statement....and I realized its ALL ONE BIG BLOB AND NO PARAGRAPHS. I worked extremely hard and I thought it was a great essay. However, now that I see its like this I'm afraid medical schools will overlook me from the get go. Any advice??
How did you look at it? Did you check from Main Menu>Print>PDF view?

How did you look at it? Did you check from Main Menu>Print>PDF view?

No. I looked at it in the word doc I had it saved in. I remembered I retyped it in... But completely forgot to space out my paragraphs.

Please tell me your error was super horrible. My entire last sentence got cut off completely somehow (in addition to me realizing the PS itself low key is terrible).