Amcas letter writer confidentiality and uploading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Robert Jameson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a professor of mine recently told me that directly uploading a letter through the amcas letter program as opposed to interfolio makes it nonconfidential. Is this true? Also if a school needs to have them written on letterhead and signature'd can the writers print it out, scan it and upload it or should they mail it instead?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So a professor of mine recently told me that directly uploading a letter through the amcas letter program as opposed to interfolio makes it nonconfidential. Is this true? Also if a school needs to have them written on letterhead and signature'd can the writers print it out, scan it and upload it or should they mail it instead?

Thanks

1) https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/faqs/63226/faq_amcasletters.html : "Under no circumstances will AMCAS provide applicants access to letters of evaluation."

2) They can print, scan, and upload.

O ok, so is this whole business about waiving your right to see the letters relevant anymore? All the letters the medical schools now receive are presumed to be confidential?

O ok, so is this whole business about waiving your right to see the letters relevant anymore? All the letters the medical schools now receive are presumed to be confidential?

That would be my assumption, based on the policy stated above.