AMCAS mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful324

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I recently asked my parents for the dates that they received their degrees (some secondaries ask for it) and in the midst of doing so my father realized that he gave me the wrong information for my primary. He had previously told me that he received a masters degree when in reality he received only a bachelors degree. I think he might have been under the impression that they are one in the same seeing as he immigrated to the US just after completing the equivalent of high school.

At this point I'm not able to update this on my verified primary app, but I can correct the mistake on secondaries if the information is asked for. Not sure what to do about other schools that don't ask for it. I'm assuming that this isn't a big deal.

Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Unless the mistake was you declaring yourself NOT a first generation graduate, irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 user
1) I think stuff like that is for statistical/survey purposes

2) Adcoms are willing to give an ear out to students who have CHEATED and take that into account. Since your parents educational background doesn't affect your chances at all, you have no reason to lie, so they will understand that it's an honest mistake

Members don't see this ad :)
I imagine you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry too much :)