AMCAS Repeats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocPanda

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two questions on marking repeats:

1) I took an intro course at one school then repeated it at another school. They have different course numbers but it's the only course on my transcript that I failed. I checked repeat for the second attempt, but not for the first attempt. Will they send my app back for me to resubmit?

2) Say I got AP credit for Chemistry but Gen Chem is 2 semesters at school. If I don't check repeat for the Gen Chem courses, will they indicate it as repeat or send back for resubmit?

For these issues, does AMCAS really ask you to resubmit or do they usually just make the change themselves?

Members don't see this ad.

1) I took an intro course at one school then repeated it at another school. They have different course numbers but it's the only course on my transcript that I failed. I checked repeat for the second attempt, but not for the first attempt. Will they send my app back for me to resubmit?

For something minor like this, they would just check it and move on. They don't return it to you unless there are major errors.

2) Say I got AP credit for Chemistry but Gen Chem is 2 semesters at school. If I don't check repeat for the Gen Chem courses, will they indicate it as repeat or send back for resubmit?

Do you mean you got AP Chemistry credit and took Gen Chem at your school? I wouldn't classify them as the same course so I wouldn't mark "repeat" - only that AP credit was awarded.

Reactions: 1 user
For something minor like this, they would just check it and move on. They don't return it to you unless there are major errors.

Do you mean you got AP Chemistry credit and took Gen Chem at your school? I wouldn't classify them as the same course so I wouldn't mark "repeat" - only that AP credit was awarded.

Good to know! I went into panic mode after I ran into a thread about checking repeats. The manual doesn't help either.

Yes, got AP credit for passing it and took Gen Chem at school because it's a requirement. My school won't let you skip any science courses even if you got AP credit.

In both cases, both courses should have been marked repeats
1) school A course then taken again at school B.
2) AP credit then taking course.

Repeats do not affect AMCAS GPA calculation and are done for the convenience of the medical schools reviewing AMCAS course summary. unlikely to cause any issue

Should they marked as repeats at both schools?