AMCAS -- Research/Posters and Abstracts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speranza

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm filling out the activities section of AMCAS and have some questions about how to write my research experiences. How detailed should they be? Should I just list the general area studied or list specifics of the project, how it was carried out etc?

Also I presented a poster at a national research conference. Should I list this under a separate heading or just include it under research? For the description, besides the title of the poster and such, how much more should I write? For those who have done this, did you include some/all of your abstract?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

safeflower said:
I'm filling out the activities section of AMCAS and have some questions about how to write my research experiences. How detailed should they be? Should I just list the general area studied or list specifics of the project, how it was carried out etc?

Also I presented a poster at a national research conference. Should I list this under a separate heading or just include it under research? For the description, besides the title of the poster and such, how much more should I write? For those who have done this, did you include some/all of your abstract?

Thanks.

I put posters/conferences and abstracts separately from research (2 categories); cited the abstracts