AMCAS Submission Timings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RhinB

PGY3
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering how important AMCAS submission timings were. I know earlier is always better, but I'm not sure if my application is 100% ready yet.

It matters a lot now because my school has a health committee that makes a Committee letter. They don't send it out until I finish AMCAS. when I finish AMCAS, they put me in a Letter Queue. For example, if I submitted today, they wouldn't get my letter to AMCAS until early July. If I submitted in late June, they wouldn't get my letter to AMCAS until September (based on previous years).

What do you think? Is it worth it to make sure my application is 100% perfect and wait a week or so? Or should I just submit at 90% done? I'm very scared. If anyone can shed some light on the difference between a Sept AMCAS and a July AMCAS that'd be great too.

thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter as much for AMCAS itself, because schools won't receieve your application till July 1. With processing times, it's a good idea to get it done by mid June.

In regards to your committee letter problem, and I'm assuming you go to Cornell, it took them 2 months just to get the first day's submissions done last year.. So yeah, you should get submitted asap.

Your committee is ridiculous. If you submit AMCAS late June, they won't submit the LOR until September? That is insane, and a little hard to believe. I would double check your sources on that.

Regardless, I suggest you wait to make your application 100% before submitting. It is really early in the game, and if you submit next week you will still be on track to have your secondaries in early July.

If your committee functions the way that you claim it does, I would submit your primary no later than June 10th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your committee is ridiculous. If you submit AMCAS late June, they won't submit the LOR until September? That is insane, and a little hard to believe. I would double check your sources on that.

Regardless, I suggest you wait to make your application 100% before submitting. It is really early in the game, and if you submit next week you will still be on track to have your secondaries in early July.

If your committee functions the way that you claim it does, I would submit your primary no later than June 10th.

Yeah...unfortunately @ActorENFP got it right. I do go to Cornell and it does take a ridiculously long time to submit.

I gave the example of late June --> September because I have a friend who experienced just that. He said, and I quote "they really ****ed me over."

Yeah...unfortunately @ActorENFP got it right. I do go to Cornell and it does take a ridiculously long time to submit.

I gave the example of late June --> September because I have a friend who experienced just that. He said, and I quote "they really ****ed me over."

The process sucks, sure, but why not just get your AMCAS done on June 1st if you know this is how the committee operates?

The process sucks, sure, but why not just get your AMCAS done on June 1st if you know this is how the committee operates?

lol well yes that would've been ideal. I thought some things wouldn't take as long as they did. I can't change that anymore however and was/am weighing my options. Looking to submit now by June 4, latest June 5.

We have this first come first serve but-don't-upload- first-batch-of-committee-letters-until-late June- policy at my school too :/