AMCAS timing - sending out primaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maxprime

Higgs chaser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I've gathered on the site, apps are send to schools electronically once a week? Does that mean the longest time until the school gets your primary is one week after verification?

I just got verified a few days ago and added the rest of my schools today - should I notify all of my schools that my primary is available?

Also, is there any other way to speed up the time it'll take to get secondaries? What are turnaround times like from primary reception to secondary transmission? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just got verified a few days ago and added the rest of my schools today - should I notify all of my schools that my primary is available?

No need. Once you have it all verified it will automatically be sent out. You should be hearing about secondaries soon!

No need. Once you have it all verified it will automatically be sent out. You should be hearing about secondaries soon!

The neurotic, annoying pre-med part of the brain is winning out right now (temporal lobe? ha) - soon meaning a day or two or a week or two?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to get a head start on the secondaries, there's a topic on Secondary questions for a lot of the different schools. That'll make the time go by fast maybe?

From what I've gathered on the site, apps are send to schools electronically once a week? Does that mean the longest time until the school gets your primary is one week after verification?

Also, is there any other way to speed up the time it'll take to get secondaries? What are turnaround times like from primary reception to secondary transmission? Thanks

Actually, they get them very quickly, probably within 2 days, no need to ask them.

You should get the bulk of your secondaries within one week, and the rest within two.

Do not mean to add to the neurotic problem but it is late in the cycle for the primary, i think, so get to that sticky and start working on the essays and have your LORs ready.

I already had 2 come in today (submitted school list this afternoon). I'll get them turned around fast, but am very aware of how late I am. Thanks for the advice, will get to that sticky and hopefully get a head start. LOR's are one day away from most schools. :)