AMCAS transcript verification angst!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eros & Thanatos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I worked my butt off and submitted my application on the 5th. My Uni dragged their feet a little and submitted my app on the 8th or 9th. AMCAS has STILL not reported my transcript as received on their website. I called AMCAS and they told me that if it doesnt show up by wednesday, to call and they'll actively search for it. I REALLY want my app to be sent out with the first wave, and the lady on the phone tells me after they find my app it will take 4 to 6 weeks to verify my entire application. What should I do? Does processing my transcript take this long? Will I still be able to get my application out with the first wave of med school apps? This is such BS.

Members don't see this ad.

Eros & Thanatos said:
Ok, so I worked my butt off and submitted my application on the 5th. My Uni dragged their feet a little and submitted my app on the 8th or 9th. AMCAS has STILL not reported my transcript as received on their website. I called AMCAS and they told me that if it doesnt show up by wednesday, to call and they'll actively search for it. I REALLY want my app to be sent out with the first wave, and the lady on the phone tells me after they find my app it will take 4 to 6 weeks to verify my entire application. What should I do? Does processing my transcript take this long? Will I still be able to get my application out with the first wave of med school apps? This is such BS.

I submitted in mid-June last year. Transcripts took 3-5 days to be placed in the system after they were received by AMCAS. On the other hand, the verification process usually only takes less than a week (mine was finished in 3 days). Don't worry about the 4-6 week estimate...that's kind of ridiculous. After all your transcripts are in and you submit, the process is fairly quick. Definitely keep on them if they aren't finding your transcript...

I feel your pain. My college sent my transcript out on the ninth and AMCAS still has not posted that they received it. Are they just really slow with transcriptd? I want to be able to submit when my MCAT comes out, and all I need is that transcript...argh. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, you guys are still ahead of ppl waiting until after their MCAT scores are released before they submit AMCAS! I know it's stressful waiting though. good luck :luck:

I might be an idiot, but where in the hell is the AMCAS gpa? My amcas said everything is verified, but I don't see any gpa calcs anywhere.

no idea about the gpa, i thought it was supposed to go up when everything was in...

on a similar note, i have a question of my own: if amcas has to make corrections on your coursework, how much extra time does it take to go through?

my transcripts are really ugly thanks to proficiency tests, aps, and high school classes so I am preparing for hte worst.

My transcript was reported as received at 8:46 am this morning. Now I have to wait until my entire app is processed. Does anyone know whether they'll be able to finish it in time to send it out with the first wave of med school apps? I sent my app out very early and I'd hate for what should have been a feather in my cap to go to waste simply over processing delays. :(

Eros & Thanatos said:
My transcript was reported as received at 8:46 am this morning. Now I have to wait until my entire app is processed. Does anyone know whether they'll be able to finish it in time to send it out with the first wave of med school apps? I sent my app out very early and I'd hate for what should have been a feather in my cap to go to waste simply over processing delays. :(

Even if you don't go out with the very first batch, you're definitely still early!! I don't know how long it'll take for your app to be verified. Mine took 3 days, but that was before MCAT scores came out; I don't know if that will affect the time or not. Good luck! :luck:

Eros & Thanatos said:
Re request your transcripts to be sent. Play it safe.

I don't understand this whole thing about "the very first batch"! :)
Don't med schools KNOW that most people will submit after they see April, 2006 scores? I would imagine that on 6-19, the AMCAS got flooded with applications to be passed to the schools. Also, if you submit later but submit secondaries right away and have your LOR's there, you may be in sooner than someone who pressed the AMCAS button before you. So I am unclear about this whole batching idea. Your file isn't complete without secondaries, LOR, etc.

jackieMD2007 said:
I don't understand this whole thing about "the very first batch"! :)
Don't med schools KNOW that most people will submit after they see April, 2006 scores? I would imagine that on 6-19, the AMCAS got flooded with applications to be passed to the schools. Also, if you submit later but submit secondaries right away and have your LOR's there, you may be in sooner than someone who pressed the AMCAS button before you. So I am unclear about this whole batching idea. Your file isn't complete without secondaries, LOR, etc.
Well, that was assuming that all the factors were the same. You are right though. If all the necessary application materials are received, your application will be complete. The complete applications get looked at first. The sooner you get your AMCAS verified with your MCAT scores, the sooner the secondaries come. It's the verification process that is the killer. In some cases, 4-6 weeks.

However, DO schools seem to offer interviews before everything is complete. Sorry for the confusion.