amcas verification / mcat date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lala2626

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, will the amcas be verified even if the mcat score report doesn't come in until later (as long as you indicate on the application that you're taking the test at a later date)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hey, will the amcas be verified even if the mcat score report doesn't come in until later (as long as you indicate on the application that you're taking the test at a later date)? Thanks.

Yes, as soon as the MCAT score is released, AMCAS will automatically received it. You do not have to worry about it, as long as you indicate when you will be taking the exam.

but can the amcas be verified before the mcat score report is received? as in can my amcas app be verified in june even though the score report won't be turned in until later on this summer? or does amcas wait on the report before sending stuff out to the designated schools? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
but can the amcas be verified before the mcat score report is received?

i don't think so, but i'm not sure.

lala said:
as in can my amcas app be verified in june even though the score report won't be turned in until later on this summer? or does amcas wait on the report before sending stuff out to the designated schools? thanks!

here's an idea: ask AMCAS.

1) can the amcas be verified before the mcat score report is received? as in can my amcas app be verified in june even though the score report won't be turned in until later on this summer?

2) or does amcas wait on the report before sending stuff out to the designated schools? thanks!

1) Yes. Then the day they receive your score they submit to all your designated schools.

2) Generally, this is true, but some schools seem to send out secondaries before the MCAT is received, suggesting that they do not screen your numbers, and invite anyone interested to send in an application with its fee. Maybe this happens because a previous MCAT score is already on file. Perhaps someone else will comment.