American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SPBest

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking into becoming a student member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. As a student you only pay $20.00 per year. The only reason I considered this is because I think it may be beneficial to go through their process of accredidation and fellowship.

Any comments on the idea or the organization?

Members don't see this ad.

SPBest said:
I was looking into becoming a student member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. As a student you only pay $20.00 per year. The only reason I considered this is because I think it may be beneficial to go through their process of accredidation and fellowship.

Any comments on the idea or the organization?

Stick with ADA and AGD for now!

When you are done with school and in practice then you can decide.

I am not a member and would not join. Why?

Cosmetic dentists say some patients cry in happiness after a successful makeover. There are, however, some instances where the patients aren’t all that impressed. The American Dental Association doesn’t consider cosmetic dentistry as a field of specialty, so some general dentists can perform it on their own. Further training isn’t necessary, since cosmetic dentistry is very similar to orthodontics.
Cosmetic Products Manufacturer

Members don't see this ad :)
Out in private practice, the AACD is more than happy to let non member dentists attend their courses/meetings for a fee (and a fee that isn't too much more than what AACD member dentists pay to attend the same course/meeting) if you want to (heck right now I'm getting either an actual post card mailing or an e-mail letting me know that their annual meeting is in Boston in a few weeks and the course offerings there, and i'm not an AACD member.

Check out a few of their courses before joining. If they interest you, and you want to, join. There's usually a bunch of good little tidbits that you can pick up and integrate into your day to day practice, even if your practice doesn't spend the majority of it's time doing 10+ unit anterior esthetic cases (which is probably 99%+ of all practices in the US). If it doesn't interest you at that time, then you can always join at a later date if you feel it interests you then

This is a 6 year old thread a spambot brought back to life, DrJeff but good advice nevertheless ;)