American University Of Beirut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leukocyte

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am family medicine physician who did his medical school at a carribean med school and his FM residency in the U.S. I am thinking of doing a second residency in Pathology, and thinking of doing it at the AUB (I am originally Arab U.S. citizen). and I just have a few questions:

-How does one go about and apply for residency programs at the AUB?

-After completing residency there, is the person qualified to work in other Arab countries with no restrictions?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get any feedback here? The website says American graduates are eligible to apply for residency, but do they generally succeed? Thanks for further info.

Hey Luekocyte,

I don't know much about AUB, but I can safely say that you are eligible for applying there, and that you can definitely work anywhere in the Arab region with no restrictions.

However, I would like to recommend you looking into the University of Balamand. It is also in Lebanon, and it has good residency programs in Beirut at St. George Hospital, very known hospital, relatively new facilities.