About the ads

American University of Health Sciences (AUHS)

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by unknowngirl, Sep 6, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. unknowngirl

unknowngirl

Pre-Pharmacy

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Anyone know any information on this school? I looked at their website but there wasn't much information on it... I know it's not accredited but do you guys think this is a bit risky? Should this just be my back up? All schools must start off somewhere...

I set up an appointment and a campus tour, but they have not sent me the date yet...

What do you guys think?

http://auhs.edu/
    ^In Signal Hill, CA
  2. drew0010

drew0010

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    thanks i just requested info as well. did not know about this. didnt't really want to stay local, but worth a shot for me if they get pre candidate status
  3. RedoxLife168

RedoxLife168

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hey! I, too, just sent in to request some information via email. I received a brief letter from the school in the mail today saying that the program will begin next summer in 2012...
  4. babodoeji

babodoeji 비가 오는 날엔

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I went to their website. It said "1st class starts in Fall 2012"
    But i don't even see any application list.
  5. freshnewkicks

freshnewkicks

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I contacted them a while ago and they did not seem confident at all about starting in Fall 2012...
  6. babodoeji

babodoeji 비가 오는 날엔

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    the school is a private college. they keep sending me email about their BS in Pharmaceutical .
  7. SouCal10

SouCal10 UNE COP C/O 15

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you guys go to http://www.acpe-accredit.org/, you will see the process of new applications as well as schools with candidates, pre-candidates, and probational school. Sadly AUHS was denied campus visit for this coming year, so they won't have any chances to get their act together to take in any students in 2012. I applied for their Master in clinical research as my back up, and got really really shocked. The counselor I talked to was a nursing adviser ( Not sure how I had to talk to her to get into their Master program). No interviews, only application, didn't even take GRE, and they kept calling me to invite me every week to attend their upcoming class. The funny thing was when I declined my application after getting accepted for pharmacy schools. She was like, in her exact words: "What is a degree in Pharm.D?" "Is it a Master degree?" "Is it as high as our Master in clinical research?" I was like think "WTH?" Then she finished with "Do you know that we are opening a school of pharmacy here? if you go to our Master program, you can later move up!". I know she's an adviser for the BS in Nursing, but this is just too much. And yes this happened in Jan 2011, Not 2009.
    The ACPE is getting tougher at giving out pre-candidates for new schools (There are too many of them). I think the new school in the Bay Area was already denied pre-candidates, or they withdrew their application before it actually happened. So be very careful with new schools.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  8. Ayuka001

Ayuka001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    ^ lol thanks for the info. This makes me laugh and sad at the same time because this school is always on the radio promoting their pharmacy program and trying to get high school kids into their 3 year bs program saying that if they graduate with a 3.0 gpa they are guaranteed a seat for their pharm school. Knowing how many uninformed ppl probably don't know about accreditation already signed up their Kids lol
  9. Strudel

Strudel

Pharmacist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I wonder what happened to this school, our of curiosity.
  10. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    lol
  11. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Lol what's up with these joke posts..
  12. rx011

rx011

Pre-Pharmacy
    Seriously. Why are there nursing students posting here?
  13. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Wow another BS post. Mods need to take these stupid posts down.
  14. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Reported.
  15. pharmwonder

pharmwonder

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Seriously????
  16. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Reported.
  17. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
  18. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Reported
  19. cachokathy

cachokathy

Pre-Pharmacy
    If you really want to be successful in life you would do everything for it. So for me, I don't care how much money I am going to spend for school. It's education. So expect that you will be spending. And education will be yours forever. No one could get that from you. That's your success!. Don't think about the money. Think about what you are going to be after 3.5 years. For me, everything will be worth it. I am just being practical too. AUHS doesn't have waiting list. So, you could finish your program a lot faster. I don't want to go to City Colleges and wait. It will just waste my time. At AUHS, time will not be wasted. Think about going to City Colleges, how many years are you going to wait? Instead of waiting you should have just enrolled at AUHS and get done with everything. Then you will work and will be able to pay off for your loans. I am so happy and contented at AUHS. I don't have any regrets going here. Everyone is very approachable and helpful. They really want you to be successful. As a whole, it is still up to you want you to be in the future. If you do well then you will get what you want. So if you decide to go to AUHS, expect that you will be busy spending your 3.5 years studying.
  20. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Reported
  21. eckardroger

eckardroger

Hi, I just attended today July 13, 2013 their Open House and was very impressed with their Director of Admissions, Dina Hsu. She was open, honest and very passionate about the program, the costs, the rigors of the Nursing program. All of the people who attended (about 20) all agreed about her enthusiasm of wanting us to succeed. She is very hands on with our questions and concerns and the whole staff are all very friendly and helpful. I know there might be some flaws and some concerns with other reviews but my advice is to find out for yourself and meet the Director of Admissions and the staff. This is a new school and as long as they are in good standing with all their accreditation I say go for it!