Americorps Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karatelover888

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
1. For Americorps, do you need a letter of references from references or do you just need to put down contact information. Thank you for you time.

In addition, has anyone here ever served for AltaMed Community HealthCorps in LA/OC area? I live by here and would really like to get into this Americorps program despite the fact that it has them most expensive cost of living.
However, I am not picky and I will get whatever I am accepted to that is probably the most affordable area for me to live in.
How competitive do you think I am to get into a public health/obesity prevention related program?
My stats are pretty good with community service:
-3.87 GPA
-Health Science Major
-Almost a year experience as a special needs respite caregiver(~500 hours)
-280 hours of hospital internship CCE experience
-A community health internship with AHA that I will have 120+ hours to back up with
-have done organic chem SI for almost 2 years
-will be tutoring for the science department almost a year by the time I could be accepted into the healthcorps program
-is a board member for my pre-health club
-** they are all meaningful experiences that I can talk a lot about in an interview setting with passion and meaning
-worked all throughout college either as a server, SI leader, or tutor
2. In addition, I am interested in applying for the HealthCorps program created by Dr. Oz as well. From my stats listed, how competitive do you think I am for this program?
3. I plan on graduating and studying for the MCAT for 1 year and applying for the 2nd year while I'm either working for Healthcorps in Americorps/Any Americorps Program/Healthcorps created by Dr. Oz
--Do any of you guys think that this is possible if I am working est 40-50 hrs per week.
4. Should I scribe or do americorps?

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.