an advice ,please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an old PT graduate (2001) with international MD background.
Currently I'm studying for NPTE exam.
I'm a little bit confuse and I 'm asking for an advice.
What is a better approaching in order to pass NPTE:study hard from the books without knowing practice to much (protocol exercises,therapeutic modalities) or going as a volunteer in the PT field to gain some hand on PT practice in order to succeed in the NPTE exam?
Or is there any opportunity for us to work as PT aid before getting the license?
Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, studying from the books (scorebuilders, o`sullivan) and taking as many practice exams as possible is by far the better option.

I appreciate your help.Going to study!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say the more you see real cases, the more the benefit. it will definitely help besides studying from textbooks and solving more and more questions.
Good luck

^ be careful with that though, because some of the stuff on the NPTE is not necessarily current practice...for example you might be in a clinic where the physical therapists rarely or never use modalities and say they dont work where as on the NPTE you will get asked about when to use modalities , the settings, indications, etc...