Anatomy Textbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juan7677

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats a good anatomy book?

Members don't see this ad.

Playboy?

J/K

:laugh:

P-

A & P by Tortora. an awsome and easy book to read.

another suggestion: Anatomy by Marieb. thia is also an excellent source.

hope this helps.

comet

Members don't see this ad :)
The anatomy books you will need are definatley Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Neter and Clinically Oriented Anatomy by Moore. Depending on the type of anatomy course your dental school is running will dictate weather you will need a color atlas with pictures of cadavers. Mc Minns or Rohen are both good.

Thanasi

I'm using Marieb and Netter atlas right now. They're good.

Is everyone out there already studying for freshman dental courses?! Forget about gunners - y'all are like ICBMs or somethin'. :)

yosemite, you heard or saw it right. I can't say for other people. But I got almost first year done already.
Histology
Anatomy
Biochem.
Cell Bio
Micro/Patho/Immunology

To make it even more secure, I also have a dental morphology class going as well.
:D :D

Wow Tink. That's very impressive. Wish I was like you. :)

Yep...almost all schools use the Netter and Moore texts. Moore is much more complex than Marieb (which I used in undergrad) and has MANY more clinical correlations (hence the title). Count on these two plus perhaps a color atlas depending on how much anatomy you will be doing. Some schools only do head and neck, some upper body, and two full body dissections. I have found Moore to be indispensable for both anatomy and physiology whereas Netter is the best way to study if you don't feel like going into the lab one night.