Ancient MBBS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FormerDoc

In Limbo
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did MBBS in 1995 then got married, had kids, moved to US and never took time to pursue my profession. Everything was going well until both daughters went away to college and I realized that my hubby is wrapped up in his research work and I need a hobby/career.

I'm thinking of enrolling for some sort of masters degree. How many credit hours would I need? Does MBBS degree knocks down some? Is there a way to avoid GRE? Please advice if Psychology would be easier or MPH? I have attention deficit issues and studying after 20 years seems scary.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think GRE is avoidable.

I don't know anything about psychology... so can't say if it'll be "easier".

Grad school tends to be less about getting good grades and more about getting a good experience and training in your area.

Personally, I think there are other hobbies to pursue other than education if it's to pass boredom. But if you want to pursue a career, there are many great options in public health. Particularly if you're interested in population health research.