anesthesia audio learning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

signumvitalis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a reasonably priced resource for myself.
I spend a lot of weekends driving 4 hours or more due to personal/family reasons. I would love to use some of this time to listen to some great audio lectures and learn something. I often feel like I lose a lot of time because of all the driving.

Does anyone have suggestions about a source that is not too expensive while also providing a solid foundation of information for a CA2/Ca3 resident?

I have tried the following sources already but I find them lacking
- Kentucky youtube lectures - I would rather not stream videos on youtube for >4 hours off my data plan, also sometimes they can be hard to understand without looking at the slides
- Open Anesthesia podcasts - while interesting, I am not looking for an 'article of the month' kinda thing. I would prefer lectures that will solidify my knowledge of essential must-knows for the Advanced ABA exam

Perhaps a mock oral review would work best for my needs, but the ones I have found online are quite expensive. Does anyone have suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

See if your department has online access to audiodigest.

Anesthesiologists are not really active in the FOAMed world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
You'd have to quantify what you mean by reasonably priced. Honestly, if you are spending 4 hrs/wk driving, what is the value to you if you could transform that time into say the equivalent of 2 hrs of good study? I've used the Jensen Big Blue audio lectures in the past. Personally, I find that my perpetual state of exhaustion starts to get the best of me when I try to learn while driving, thus making it borderline unsafe so I've switched to Audible audio books. They don't enhance my education but they make my drives more enjoyable and there isn't the risk of falling asleep. I don't know what Big Blue costs (although I think it is pretty expensive) but it's an option. I think Pass Machine also has a lecture series which I've considered buying in the past. They sell it at a discount at some of the conferences. If you are going to the ASA conference (or have friends going) you could probably find some discounts.

Thank you, all. Does anyone have an old copy of audiodigest or jensen blue audio or pass machine audio that you're willing to sell/share?