Angiographies - should I practice them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phoenix89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard in the Step 1 experiences thread, someone said he got a lot of angiographies, so I was wondering should I go out of my way to practice these?? I dont have a lot of a experience with angiographies, besides the Circle of Willis qs from Uworld.

Any advice on this?

Members don't see this ad.

I mean if you have problems visualizing what an MCA, ACA, and PCA would look like in 3D space I guess that might be helpful for the exam based on NBME history. They've definitely made students match up classical focal CNS neurological deficits with arterial supply on angiograph. But visualizing something like the ulnar vs radial artery seems to be borderline useless.

I mean if you have problems visualizing what an MCA, ACA, and PCA would look like in 3D space I guess that might be helpful for the exam based on NBME history. They've definitely made students match up classical focal CNS neurological deficits with arterial supply on angiograph. But visualizing something like the ulnar vs radial artery seems to be borderline useless.

I'm alright with the brain angriographies, I'll be able to handle those. It's the limbs and pelvis I'm worried about.