angles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barnes1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have my test on tuesday and i am really struggling with angles. I am getting like 12-15 on the other sections but on angles i am getting like 50% or 60% on my best days. Are the angles on the real DAT easier than CDP? I hope they are not harder because then I would be SOL.

thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I have my test on tuesday and i am really struggling with angles. I am getting like 12-15 on the other sections but on angles i am getting like 50% or 60% on my best days. Are the angles on the real DAT easier than CDP? I hope they are not harder because then I would be SOL.

thanks for the help.

I never did CDP(I wish I did) and I only ever did kaplan so I can't tell you if they're harder/similar/easier in relation to CDP. However, I just took the DAT and I thought that the angle section was surprisingly the hardest. On my practice tests it was one of my best sections so I was never too worried about it. On the DAT though I felt that sometimes all 4 looked the EXACT same. They would sometimes have 1 that you could tell was bigger but then the remaining 3 looked very much alike, more so than anything I had seen before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try to use your two thumbs, Block anything else except the angle and make sure they are both of equal size (in blocking). Look at them and you will find the answer. I always get 30 on this section.

Practice practice practice. I haven't started my CDP software yet, but I have noticed that KBB is extremely easy in my opinion (for angles). Also, if you have purchased Chad's vids/quizzes, there is 152 angle ranking problems I believe. I have only done 2 problems to see the level of difficulty, and they were pretty challenging. I will be doing some more of them in the near future, but probably closer to D-day. Also, DentalDAT's blog, has a little article on it as well with 15 free problems. http://www.dentaldat.com/2011/10/dentaldat-pat-practice-test.html If the link doesn't work, you can google "dentaldat blog" and then when you get there you can do a search for "angles" and find it that way too. From what people on here say, it sounds like CDP is the best for PAT.
But I think that angles are something that take a lot of practice to become proficient at noticing the small differences when lines and angles are oriented differently.
Pre DDS . net also has a free PAT practice test which has been mentioned. Something else that might help is, http://www.rocklerchallenge.com/game.html this is not really angle ranking, but is definitely a little perceptual practice. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Try to use your two thumbs, Block anything else except the angle and make sure they are both of equal size (in blocking). Look at them and you will find the answer. I always get 30 on this section.

this is what i usually do also, but i was reading the ADA DAT guide and it says we are not allowed to touch the monitor during our test.. :eek: can anyone comment on this? if that's the case i'm screwed in angle ranking

I definitely touched the monitor multiple times while taking the exam (especially the angle section) and never got yelled at. I was sitting right by the window, too...so I know they could see me doing it.

this is what i usually do also, but i was reading the ADA DAT guide and it says we are not allowed to touch the monitor during our test.. :eek: can anyone comment on this? if that's the case i'm screwed in angle ranking

Are you SERIOUS? :eek::eek:

I definitely touched the monitor multiple times while taking the exam (especially the angle section) and never got yelled at. I was sitting right by the window, too...so I know they could see me doing it.

good to know, i planned on touching it til i got yelled at lol :D

Are you SERIOUS? :eek::eek:

that's what i read.. if you actually read the ADA DAT guide.. there's some crazy stuff in there..like you can't have a jacket in the testing room...so yeah, wear a shirt you wont get cold in. :rolleyes:

that's what i read.. if you actually read the ADA DAT guide.. there's some crazy stuff in there..like you can't have a jacket in the testing room...so yeah, wear a shirt you wont get cold in. :rolleyes:

I heard that they let you have your 2 ID's and you can use them to hold up to the screen (NO TOUCHING). Is there any truth to this? If so I will get good at holding an ID card back about an inch away from from the angles. :laugh:

Lol you can have a jacket, but you must wear it. If you choose to wear it, you cannot take it of until your 30 minutes break.lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk