Anisocytosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Byrbdlue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why would someone trigger for anisocytosis 3+ after 3 months of IV be venofer to treat an iron deficient microcytic anemia. Why would the RDW, MCH, and MCHC continue to trend in wrong direction with borderline 79-80 MCV, elevated reticulocyte, and anisocytosis 3+ when iron profile back on track and Hgb 12.7 (female)? RDW up to 22 now.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would someone trigger for anisocytosis 3+ after 3 months of IV be venofer to treat an iron deficient microcytic anemia. Why would the RDW, MCH, and MCHC continue to trend in wrong direction with borderline 79-80 MCV, elevated reticulocyte, and anisocytosis 3+ when iron profile back on track and Hgb 12.7 (female)? RDW up to 22 now.
Because IDA is a symptom, not the problem.

PS...you're welcome for the free medical advice. Next time, just ask your doctor.

Reactions: 1 user
Rude. I don't need free medical advise. This is an actual patient. I probably should have given more background. No worries. Always great to reach out in the interest of learning only to be discouraged. No need to respond with further comments. I will delete the posting.

Rude. I don't need free medical advise. This is an actual patient. I probably should have given more background. No worries. Always great to reach out in the interest of learning only to be discouraged. No need to respond with further comments. I will delete the posting.
I realize it's an actual patient. You...or your loved one. That's fine, but SDN is not the place for this discussion.

And you're welcome to be a whiny toddler about it, but at least acknowledge that my response was an actual, legitimate answer to the question.

Reactions: 1 user