Anki Bros deck question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexibluezz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I just downloaded the Brosencephalon deck and am trying to start in on it, but all the sub-decks are a little overwhelming. If you've used it, or similar decks (with lots of topical subdecks), how exactly did you study?

I don't know if I should:

1) Just go through the entire parent deck, with a limit of x cards per day
2) Do option 1) but with a different per day limit for each subdeck (depending on its size), totaling x
3) Go through subdecks individually (don't really want to do that)

Or maybe something else.

Also, his pharmacology seems to be a bit overkill, and I think I'll use sketchy instead. Are there any parts of the deck I should think about deleting?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I just downloaded the Brosencephalon deck and am trying to start in on it, but all the sub-decks are a little overwhelming. If you've used it, or similar decks (with lots of topical subdecks), how exactly did you study?

I don't know if I should:

1) Just go through the entire parent deck, with a limit of x cards per day
2) Do option 1) but with a different per day limit for each subdeck (depending on its size), totaling x
3) Go through subdecks individually (don't really want to do that)

Or maybe something else.

Also, his pharmacology seems to be a bit overkill, and I think I'll use sketchy instead. Are there any parts of the deck I should think about deleting?

I've gone through the subdecks individually. Starting with the ones I've already covered in first year and doing the rest in the order that I will see them this year so that I will have seen it the most times possible before I see it in class. I did a set number of new ones in the first aid deck a day, a set number in the path deck, and a smaller set number in the pharm deck. I don't care about knowing every detail in the pharm deck like I do the other decks.

I've gone through the subdecks individually. Starting with the ones I've already covered in first year and doing the rest in the order that I will see them this year so that I will have seen it the most times possible before I see it in class. I did a set number of new ones in the first aid deck a day, a set number in the path deck, and a smaller set number in the pharm deck. I don't care about knowing every detail in the pharm deck like I do the other decks.

So by subdecks, you mean the first aid deck, the path deck, etc...not like Cardiovascular, Endocrine, and GI?

So by subdecks, you mean the first aid deck, the path deck, etc...not like Cardiovascular, Endocrine, and GI?
No, sorry I wasn't clear. Both. I've been doing a certain amount in the first aid and started with the ones I've already done (eg immuno) and then moved on to the next subdeck (micro). I was also doing the same thing in the path deck and the pharm deck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a similar question...

I'm doing the CV + respiratory decks, along with biochem, and immuno as this is some material I've already learned. I do about 150-200 cards a day, yet I cannot make a dent in this. Everyday I see like 999 new cards and hundreds upon hundreds of cards due.

Is something wrong with my settings? I'm kind of an anki noob, so if anyone can tell me what settings to use, when I'll start getting through them, etc. I would be very grateful!

I have a similar question...

I'm doing the CV + respiratory decks, along with biochem, and immuno as this is some material I've already learned. I do about 150-200 cards a day, yet I cannot make a dent in this. Everyday I see like 999 new cards and hundreds upon hundreds of cards due.

Is something wrong with my settings? I'm kind of an anki noob, so if anyone can tell me what settings to use, when I'll start getting through them, etc. I would be very grateful!

No, there's nothing wrong with your settings. You can limit your number of reviews a day, but you will then be going longer without seeing cards and may not learn. I've done 300 new cards a day all summer and do about 1650 cards a day.