Anki Mobile and anki-desktop: anyone using these?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting anki-mobile to review flashcards, etc.
itS $25 so wanted to see if anyone already using it and finds it worthwhile/useful

it is connected and synced to desktop correct so I can see the same flashcards, either place?

Members don't see this ad.

Anki mobile and desktop sync. You'll see the same cards on both. I made my cards on pc then sync to my phone to study. You capture device to take pics, copy paste.... You can download other anki.

for 25 dollars, you can use this for a long time. You can use for other classes as well. Best investment imo for you buck

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an itunes gift card for my birthday and bought ankimobile. For me it was worth it because I have a lot of commute time from school to work, etc. But if you're able to actually sit in front of a computer, then why bother dropping $25 on the app.

I would recommend a smart phone friendly flash card program. I use anki mobile when I am waiting on something, working out, or using the bathroom lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I've avoided paying for the app by just logging into ankiweb on my net browser. If you turn off media syncing, it shouldn't eat up too much data!

I would recommend a smart phone friendly flash card program. I use anki mobile when I am waiting on something, working out, or using the bathroom lol.
I totally agree with it. it's an easy way to study by just tapping/touch screen on the phone! It's feels like easy low effort too

Ditto!!!

I've been using anki mobile for my android (free) and desktop and I love it. I have long commutes to school which makes this perfect. Be warned that it is very easy to make too many cards with this, or focus on details that are too small and low yield for the MCAT. Make your cards as concise as possible. It you don't keep up with it then the cards will really add up fast, so make sure you don't fall behind!

Do you use any tricks or special features in the anki card to make it more efficient?

I don't really know how to use the repeat (ie. 1 min, 1 day etc) feature...and would appreciate anyone's input to make the most out of ANKI.

I've been using anki mobile for my android (free) and desktop and I love it. I have long commutes to school which makes this perfect. Be warned that it is very easy to make too many cards with this, or focus on details that are too small and low yield for the MCAT. Make your cards as concise as possible. It you don't keep up with it then the cards will really add up fast, so make sure you don't fall behind!
How do you view ALL your cards in a day for example? It's only letting me view like a max of 20 something cards a day, and when I dont review a few days, some of those same cards are part of the 25.

Do you use any tricks or special features in the anki card to make it more efficient?

I don't really know how to use the repeat (ie. 1 min, 1 day etc) feature...and would appreciate anyone's input to make the most out of ANKI.

You choose the 1 min, 1 day etc. button based on how comfortable you feel with that specific card. If I'm just learning a new card, I typically keep clicking 1 min until I have it memorized. When I feel that I have it memorized, I normally click the 10 min button. When I review that card in 10 min, if I feel like I forgot it then I'll click 1 min again, but if I think I'll be able to remember it for tomorrow then I will click 1 day. Gradually over time, these 1 min, 10 min, 1 day buttons will be replaced with longer interval buttons when you get more and more comfortable with that given card.

How do you view ALL your cards in a day for example? It's only letting me view like a max of 20 something cards a day, and when I dont review a few days, some of those same cards are part of the 25.

The cards you get to see on a given day are based on when they are scheduled to be shown next + the maximum number of review cards you have set for each day. For example, if you had 35 cards due today, but your maximum review limit was only 20, then you will only see 20 cards for today.

You guys should both check out this link: http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html
I pretty much learned everything I needed to know about anki in 1 hour by reading that website.

One of my favourite aspects of anki is image occlusion 2.0. It allows you to convert your figures and images in to individual cards. I normally take images on my phone of figures from my review books, and they automatically get sync'd to my dropbox where I then quickly insert them in to anki and create new cards. See this for more info: