Anki Shortcuts for Math/symbols? + Creating shortcuts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOneAndOnlyJamesFranco

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Forgive me for not being acquainted with LaTex....

But does anyone know if their exists shortcuts for Greek symbols?

Is there a way to make the division line so you can put terms above and below? (Instead of a/b)

Can you create custom shortcuts in Anki?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I found that annoying to do (learning shortcuts and latex codes), so I just type the equation on Microsoft word/PowerPoint using their equation and symbol functions, then copy and paste those into Anki. Working very well so far.

Reactions: 1 user
I found that annoying to do (learning shortcuts and latex codes), so I just type the equation on Microsoft word/PowerPoint using their equation and symbol functions, then copy and paste those into Anki. Working very well so far.

Is this the only way? I have been doing this as well but it is sooo slow...

Has anyone gotten around this/learned Latex?

I know LaTeX very well, but I have never used Anki.

Learning LaTeX is good for your soul. I recommend it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Read into latex and Anki a bit.. apparently you need to install Latex and its a whole endeavor!

Ahhh all I really need from latex is the ability to make a/b look like a over b !!

Read into latex and Anki a bit.. apparently you need to install Latex and its a whole endeavor!

Ahhh all I really need from latex is the ability to make a/b look like a over b !!

I might be wrong, but I thought you only had to download it as a plugin on Anki's site?

Either way, learning how to do this is going to take longer than copying and pasting from Word.

Just use this website and drag and drop the images onto the cards you make.

Woah I didnt realize that was what you're supposed to do the first time I went through it..
Thanks!

How long does it take you guys to go through Anki?

On any given day, I usually go through around 150 cards/day but it takes me close to 2 hrs! Is this time worth it?

Woah I didnt realize that was what you're supposed to do the first time I went through it..
Thanks!

On any given day, I usually go through around 150 cards/day but it takes me close to 2 hrs! Is this time worth it?

I take one hour and go through about 200 cards. Make your cards really short and have one to two questions max. I find that it is well worth it as I am retaining a lot. I have decreased the # of new cards to 20, though. I was doing 100 new cards per day and that took up a lot of time.

Thanks!

I'm not very consistent with this so I can't give a daily breakdown, but what I usually do is:
  1. go through shared decks extremely quickly, marking ones that are part of topics i have to work on
  2. go through the marked cards, and condense them into larger concepts
  3. make my own cards based on those concepts
  4. repeat
Through this process, I substantially reduce the number of cards in my decks. For instance, my G.Chem deck went from 700 to ~51 at the moment.

My individual cards are huge and packed with information, however I use cloze deletions so it's just an efficient way to make fewer cards without sacrificing lack of info.

I'm not very consistent with this so I can't give a daily breakdown, but what I usually do is:
  1. go through shared decks extremely quickly, marking ones that are part of topics i have to work on
  2. go through the marked cards, and condense them into larger concepts
  3. make my own cards based on those concepts
  4. repeat
Through this process, I substantially reduce the number of cards in my decks. For instance, my G.Chem deck went from 700 to ~51 at the moment.

My individual cards are huge and packed with information, however I use cloze deletions so it's just an efficient way to make fewer cards without sacrificing lack of info.

Can you show me an example of one of your condensed + clozed notes?

I have a hard time navigating/creating with Cloze

Forgive me for not being acquainted with LaTex....

But does anyone know if their exists shortcuts for Greek symbols?

Is there a way to make the division line so you can put terms above and below? (Instead of a/b)

Can you create custom shortcuts in Anki?

Thanks!

hey for anyone trying to use symbols etc. in anki app this post help me a lot.
it's the easiest way i found and it's working perfectly for me :)
http://www.yousmle.com/anki-atext-usmle/