Another Help me Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAPrufrock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yet another help me rank list

Interested in primary care/public health/health services research/int health

How would you rank the following:

Yale PC
UTSW
Baylor
Univ of Washington--PC Seattle
Univ of Miami
George Washington
Brown--Gen Med
UTHSC-SA (San Antonio)
UNC
Univ of Colorado--PC
Case Western--Int. Health
Einstein--Social Medicine
U Pittsburg--Int Health

Thanks! Need help badly!

Members don't see this ad.

Yale PC
UTSW
Baylor
Univ of Miami
George Washington
Brown--Gen Med
UTHSC-SA (San Antonio)
UNC
Univ of Colorado--PC
U Pittsburg--Int Health

Thanks! Need help badly!

once again...the weather method never goes wrong. if you like it cold...yale,brown, etc...are at the top of the list. but, if you like it hot...miami, san antonio, baylor, utsw, unc...get the picture. weather will never fail you.

-tm

There are way too many different types of programs on here with different career goals. All respects to the awesomeness of the weather theory, but you've clearly got a professional agenda which you need to weigh heavily when considering the rank list. You're applying for everything from social medicine to academic internal medicine! I'm sure you know all of this and I'm just rehashing a debate that's been going on in your mind for the past few months, but I'd be hesitant to put this particular rank list in the hands of others.

Members don't see this ad :)
UW
UTSW
Colorado
Yale
Case
UNC
Brown
Pitt

Yale PC
UTSW
Baylor
Univ of Miami
George Washington
Brown--Gen Med
UTHSC-SA (San Antonio)
UNC
Univ of Colorado--PC
U Pittsburg--Int Health

Thanks! Need help badly!

w/ your criteria in mind, I ranked the ones that I interviewed at.

UW
UNC
Brown (amazing international focus, residents were some of the funniest, friendliest on the trail)
U Colorado (excellent prim care, very friendly overall)
UTSW (not sure this would be high on my list w/ your criteria- would be much higher if considering a fellowship- I found it to be very friendly, undeserving of the malignant rep)

good luck!

Here are my 2 cents...based on where I interviewed. (...and, btw, I think that I met you on the trail!)

Yale PC -- driving 35 min. each way daily would suck, but the program has great faculty/opportunities for research, and great fellowship placement.

Brown

UW (on paper, it looks great, but I was told by my interviewers that applicants rank the PC programs just to increase their chances of matching at the program. I don't know if they are careful to choose applicants who really care about PC. It is a really strong program, though.)

Pitt

U of Colorado

Yale PC fits your interests ideally. If you felt like you had a great interview there and liked what you saw it seems like a no-brainer. Brown is excellent as well, I am not familiar with the West Coast programs, I cannot imagine any of them not giving you what you need. Yale and Brown have great International health electives that are fully funded.