Another one of those what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

warhawk2344

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'll just lay it out. I have a non science degree and half way through college decided that I wanted to switch to dentistry. I am from a state where there is no instate school and I am registered to take the DAT at the of May and then obviously apply first two weeks of June.

OGPA-3.782
SGPA-3.6
EC
Tutoring-40 hours
Volunteering in Head Start School-35 hours
Research expereince- about 500 hours
Other misc volunteer-around 500 hours
4 years on a NCAA DIII Basketball team
80 hours of shadowing but will hopefully be at 100 by time of application

Schools I'm looking at:
UNC
Minnesota
Ohio
Maryland
Rutgers
Oregon
Colorado
To be honest.. I'll probably apply at a lot more because I won't be too picky if I get accepted..

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'll just lay it out. I have a non science degree and half way through college decided that I wanted to switch to dentistry. I am from a state where there is no instate school and I am registered to take the DAT at the of May and then obviously apply first two weeks of June.

OGPA-3.782
SGPA-3.6
EC
Tutoring-40 hours
Volunteering in Head Start School-35 hours
Research expereince- about 500 hours
Other misc volunteer-around 500 hours
4 years on a NCAA DIII Basketball team
80 hours of shadowing but will hopefully be at 100 by time of application

Schools I'm looking at:
UNC
Minnesota
Ohio
Maryland
Rutgers
Oregon
Colorado
To be honest.. I'll probably apply at a lot more because I won't be too picky if I get accepted..

Thanks for your input!
Good to go. Do well on the DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Shoot man, only a Division 3 basketball? that'll hurt your application...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
good to go from what i can see.

Shoot man, only a Division 3 basketball? that'll hurt your application...
Well I understand it makes me stand out a bit but I wasn't really if it gave me a leg up with schools or not.

Good luck on the DAT and apply broadly. Add NYU to your list its expensive but they like non traditional students it seems. It's a crazy journey but you'll be happy next year at this time when it's over and you're in somewhere!

Tebros was just kidding I believe haha, well I hope he/she was. Either way, your stats are great, just take your DAT and score well and you will get interviews!