Another "should I send my new grades" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med10333

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I already have an acceptance and am still waiting to hear from many MD and DO schools. I have a 3.5/28q. This past semester went well with 17 credits and I got all A's, except for 1 C in an upper level science class. Should I send the grades?

On the positives: It brings my GPA up a bit, All my other courses were also upper level science courses that I got high A's in.

Negative: C in the 1 upper level science class would really hurt me at this point in the application cycle I think. My stats are borderline already anyways.

What to do?

Edit: I was really surprised to get a C in the class. I had a solid B the entire way through and somehow bombed the final.

Members don't see this ad.

Send it in. Any school who accepts you will eventually see these grades anyway. And it brings your GPA up, so it's definitely a good thing (despite the C).

Also, if you don't send it in...then aren't all the med schools going to think you just sat on your couch all day this entire fall? I'd much rather have them see that I took 17 credits than that.

Agreed, send it. At the very least it forces them to open your file, which could mean a bump to consider for interview / acceptance. I don't believe the C against all those As and an upward GPA trend is a net negative by any means.