Another thread about if it is necessary to mention that you are a reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clementane

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have this question about mentioning that you are a reapplicant to schools that you did not apply in the first cycle. Of course, if schools' secondaries ask you if you have applied before (even though you did not apply to their schools in the previous cycle), I will answer that I am a reapplicant.

My question is about the schools that do not ask if you have ever applied in the previous cycle. Would it be necessary to mention that you are still a reapplicant in one of the optional essay which asks you if there is anything you want to share and bring attention to? I thought that this could be a good place to talk about what I learned as a reapplicant and how I grew from it that will help me in my pursuit of medicine.
Even though I decided not to mention that I am a reapplicant, I know that schools will know it because one of my letters writers (if not more) have mentioned how I prepared for a reapplication.

Would it be weird if I do not mention that I am reapplicant somewhere in the application, only to be revealed by one of my letters?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I always interpreted the reapplicant question to refer to reapplicant to that school.

I am not planning to tell people that I am a reapplicant unless it is to that school and they ask. I like assuming adcomms are reasonably intelligent people.