ANOTHER "what are my chances thread" but this one is hypothetical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americanpierg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have a 3.05 GPA, 2.95 sGPA, about 50 or so hours of shadowing, and 4 so-so LOR. Personal statement is decent...wouldn't say its out of this world earth shadowing...but did mention the effect of having severe tmj and how it effected my career choice. What would my chances be if I was able to land 21+ across the board on DAT, with a couple 22+s thrown in. I'm just looking to get into 1 school...no sugar coating...already got my application to texas non thesis 12 month masters started...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to have a 3.05 GPA, 2.95 sGPA, about 50 or so hours of shadowing, and 4 so-so LOR. Personal statement is decent...wouldn't say its out of this world earth shadowing...but did mention the effect of having severe tmj and how it effected my career choice. What would my chances be if I was able to land 21+ across the board on DAT, with a couple 22+s thrown in. I'm just looking to get into 1 school...no sugar coating...already got my application to texas non thesis 12 month masters started...

1. You might want to apply to more than 1 school. It's just too risky.
2. I am thinking your chance would've been better with a 23.

The under 3 sGPA would hurt. Like jiga said, a 23 would be much better (obviously). A 21 is beginning to become common.

Also begin looking for remedial alternatives if you don't get in. If you are doing a masters now if you don't get in then you stand a better chance for 2010 admission