Anthropology Major interested in environmental health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I will be at a disadvantage applying to MPH or PhD programs in environmental health sciences without a science major background? I have taken a couple Bio and Chem courses in college.

Members don't see this ad.

What do program websites say? I have a feeling the "English major" thread applies here, but I don't know much about the environmental science concentration. They'll usually let you know what the prereqs are on the website, and if not, you can call up the departments and ask.

From your post history, it seems like you are pre-med. If you've taken the typical pre-med coursework, that will be more than enough for most EH programs in terms of pre-requisites. However, if you haven't taken all the typical pre-med stuff, it's best to check with the school. I'm in a similar situation as you and have been trying to check with all the schools. Many state that they don't have any actual pre-reqs, but say they will strongly consider your science background, so I think they want at least the basic bio, chem, organic (for a lot of schools, but not all), and physics. Those are the pre-reqs I've found for schools that do have explicit ones. You don't need a science major, just certain classes.

Reactions: 1 user