Antibiotics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hernandez

Paranoid and Crotchety...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Abx's are one of my many weak points which I wish to strengthen before I start my internship next July, and I keep hearing a rumor about a Mayo clinic publication that is short sweet and extremely well done in terms of indications, tissue penetrations, etc for most of the ABXs, but I can not seem to find it or even what the title is.

can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction or suggest an alternative reading?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No magic publication. The best thing to do is an ID rotation. Second best is reading IDSA guidelines. Otherwise, you will end up one of those drones who prescribe levo 500 for everything.

p.s. Your rule of threes is missing "sex." How long?

I too am looking for a nice reference and have yet to find one.

3 hours without shelter? Give me a break, I do that all the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
what was the mayo reference??

does anyone have the IDSA guidelines?

The IDSA guidelines can be found online for free at their website.

I was wondering this too. After searching on the internet, the OP was probably referring to the Symposium on antimicrobial agents originally published as a series of articles in the Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Note that the articles are about 6-7 years old, so not everything may be completely up-to-date.

ryanodine

Bingo, that's the one, and while it is older, the ones I've gone through have been good reads and are helping fillin the massive gaps I have. But thanks for the link, I didn't have the electronic version, only a hard copy from my library