About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety & Depression Hx and HPSP

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by MoMoPo, May 1, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. MoMoPo

MoMoPo

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Firstly, I know this has been asked before but I was unable to find the answer I wanted with the search tool.

I have roughly a 1.5 year history of minor depression and anxiety that was treated with Zoloft and Klonopin. This was during my freshman and sophomore years of college. I was wondering if I shouldn't even waste my time applying for HPSP next year? I haven't taken any of the above stated medications in nearly 2 years and I was never hospitalized. And I have spoken with my doctor and he said he would write a letter stating i'm stable and not depressed anymore so I could take it to MEPS.

Since my days of depression/anxiety I've completed nursing school and have excelled in school!

Thanks for any advice in advance!
  2. NavyFP

NavyFP Senior Member

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    By Navy standards, you are not eligible. A waiver is possible, but Recruit Command has been stingy with them as of late.