Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
8 MD II so far. Check my MDapps.

Members don't see this ad.

Keep it up guys... I have been fortunate enough to receive IIs to nearly all schools that I submitted secondaries to (12 MD and 9 DO) and only 2 rejections. 7, 10, 10 MCAT, 3.79 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA, great ECs and LoRs. Don't let all of the hype get the better of you. It is possible with help from others and a lot of determination on your part. It seems to me many schools are actually following through with the holistic look they advertise. Good luck everyone!!

Well crossing my fingers helped! 2 DO ii and 1 MD ii!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep it up guys... I have been fortunate enough to receive IIs to nearly all schools that I submitted secondaries to (12 MD and 9 DO) and only 2 rejections. 7, 10, 10 MCAT, 3.79 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA, great ECs and LoRs. Don't let all of the hype get the better of you. It is possible with help from others and a lot of determination on your part. It seems to me many schools are actually following through with the holistic look they advertise. Good luck everyone!!

Congratulations! Please don't get offended because I'm just trying to gauge my chances, but are you an URM?

Congratulations! Please don't get offended because I'm just trying to gauge my chances, but are you an URM?

What makes you think wannabadoc2 is URM?...and why do you think your question might be offensive that you have to be very defensive?

What makes you think wannabadoc2 is URM?...and why do you think your question might be offensive that you have to be very defensive?

No offense taken. I'm a disadvantaged applicant (come from a family that heavily depended on assistance) and am a non-trad. with excellent life experiences and pretty solid medical experiences. I think the main successes have been in "branding" myself through my applications and researching schools that would value my experiences / brand and being selective in where I apply.

Reactions: 1 user
No offense taken. I'm a disadvantaged applicant (come from a family that heavily depended on assistance) and am a non-trad. with excellent life experiences and pretty solid medical experiences. I think the main successes have been in "branding" myself through my applications and researching schools that would value my experiences / brand and being selective in where I apply.

Thank you for the reply! That gives me a lot of hope since we are both from similar backgrounds and have below average MCAT scores.

29/3.6s/3.7c - First DO II earlier this week but no MDs yet

I was completed for a buncha MD schools in mid-august but it has been silent since. should I be concerned?

I was completed for a buncha MD schools in mid-august but it has been silent since. should I be concerned?

We're in the same boat with similar stats. I'm guessing you're not URM?

I wasn't going to bring my hopes up for MD, but I still applied to ~12 schools in my range. An ii or two would be cool, but unlikely I think.

Members don't see this ad :)

I wasn't going to bring my hopes up for MD, but I still applied to ~12 schools in my range. An ii or two would be cool, but unlikely I think.

Dont worry guys. Im 3.5/27 and have 4 ii already (2 MD and 2 DO). Im non URM :)

Dont worry guys. Im 3.5/27 and have 4 ii already (2 MD and 2 DO). Im non URM :)

Thanks Mr. Wonderful, you give me hope! Do you mind me asking when you were completed for most schools? Just wanna gauge where my standing is right now.

Thanks Mr. Wonderful, you give me hope! Do you mind me asking when you were completed for most schools? Just wanna gauge where my standing is right now.

I was completed very early. I tried to get every secondary turned around in 1-2 days. I had most schools done by July and early August for the late schools that hadnt sent out secondaries yet

27 mcat. Accepted early decision in-state MD.

Last edited:
2 MD interview invites 1.5 months ago, absolutely nothing since. I wonder if this is all I'm going to get?

lol, little ole me still only has one II, even after ~2 months since being completed at most of them :3. Those with 1+ are my heroes :)

I've hit a long silence..... Hopefully things will pick up again! Stay positive!!! :)

29 here. I have received 2 IIs so far, both in the past 5 days with one from my IS school. For one of them, I haven't submitted my secondary yet...so I'm hoping that's a pretty good sign! :luck:

This thread is much more encouraging compared to the rest of SDN. 27 MCAT and 3.8 GPA hoping to get an MD interview. Hopefully I applied to some schools who are willing to look past the numbers! Anyone get asked in their interview about their lower MCAT score?

27 MCAT with 7 MD II

sit tight friends!

2 ii's so far: 1 DO, 1 MD, and I consider my stats pretty cruddy compared to most of you!
c3.45, s3.55 and 25 MCAT (6p/10v/9b).
And I should mention I'm not URM or considered "disadvantaged". Nontraditional with significant "life experiences", and a solid 1.5 years working in the ER. BUT....no research what-so-ever.

There IS hope ;)

29 here. I have received 2 IIs so far, both in the past 5 days with one from my IS school. For one of them, I haven't submitted my secondary yet...so I'm hoping that's a pretty good sign! :luck:

WAT. You got an interview without a secondary? What the hell, tell me your secrets!

3.7/29, 1 DO interview and no others :(

WAT. You got an interview without a secondary? What the hell, tell me your secrets!

3.7/29, 1 DO interview and no others :(

I have a 3.8/29 and I had 9 DO interview invites out of 15 DO applications. I'm not a URM, not disadvantaged, and I have crappy extracurricular activities even by real world, non-SDN standards. Hang in there.

<27 with 3 MD IIs, one from a top 20, granted I have tons of ECs and great letters but just goes to show don't loose hope!

Received my first acceptance today!!! So happy! I am going to be a Doctor!

Received my first acceptance today!!! So happy! I am going to be a Doctor!

congrats!!! did most of you guys complete your secondaries early? I'm just now getting secondaries in so I'm still a little nervous :( i have very broad ECs and lots of clinical experience so I'm a little hopeful

this is basically a are you a urm with ii thread

Reactions: 1 user
congrats!!! did most of you guys complete your secondaries early? I'm just now getting secondaries in so I'm still a little nervous :( i have very broad ECs and lots of clinical experience so I'm a little hopeful

Yeah I was complete at MD schools at the end of July/early August and I was complete at DO schools by September. My acceptance was from a DO and I am non-URM.

Good luck!

27 MCAT (8 VR, 9 BS, 10 PS)
URM
3.8 CGPA
3.72 SGPA
3 MD Interview Invites, 1 rejection, still waiting to hear from 4 schools.

There is hope. Keep your head up ppl.

3.64 cGPA 3.82 sGPA, 28 MCAT

Received my retake back today and received a 28 (8PS/10VR/10BS) which while not phenomenal it is significantly better then my first score of 25 (6PS/10VR/10BS).

I am still a little nervous about how this cycle will go, My applications will now come off hold for review. So I am very hopeful that I get some interviews, this thread has certainly given me hope that it may be possible! Just nervous about how late it is for schools to start reviewing my application